Maicon

Pam said:
Funny you should say that because Five Live spent a who programme on Italian football and Juventus were a case in point. They were all saying that Juventus have been in free fall for some time now.

Shall we agree to differ?

No

It will take a lot more than better attendences and a new stadium to be considered bigger than juventus - it would take 20 years of sustained sucess.

It matters not, mate. We are in a very happy position right in the here and now and that is the main thing.

Citizen of Ottawa said:
If we were to steal Maicon from under Chelseas nose they would hate us for all of time. Do I smell a good old fashioned rivalry starting up?

I'm hoping they won't be able to live with us financially. I am also hoping that they know this and won't bother to try. They can hate us til the cows come home.

johnmc said:
Pam said:
So what are you basing it on, John? I don't understand what criteria you are using, (all financial stuff set aside for a moment) how are you measuring and contrasting the size of the three clubs? And what on earth are footballing reasons?

European football and the chance of winning a trophy. Everton and Villa have been closer to winning or finishing in the top 4 than us over the last 5 years. No players care about the stadium that they are playing in really, and attendences don't really matter either.

Arguing who is the bigger club is pointless as how do you prove it.

thats says it all to me.

yes they HAVE been close but they HAVE NOT got there in 5 years of trying.

we(manchester city) at the rate we are going will be there in a couple of years and so if i were to look at it that way then so may of barry without the pound signs in his eyes.

ninjamonkey said:
You lost when you mentioned Ramos. Easily the most overated defender around. He can't defend for toffee. He's got a fancy touch and is good getting forward (despite not really having any end product) Defensively he is severely lacking he just disguises it well because of his attacking ability.

How can I have "lost" when I said that Ramos was better defensively than Maicon. Surely that shows exactly why Maicon is so over-rated. Ramos is better defensively than Maicon! Maicon is not a great player. Either that or he's never found his ideal position.

Regardless the point remains that we have 3 decent quality RBs in Richards, Zab and Onouha (who can easily cover there). Maicon would be a waste of money which could be spent where we need it. I know we have limitless money almost but we don't want to just buy chaff because we can. Even if it does upset Chelsea ;)

Fuzzmaster101 said:
How can I have "lost" when I said that Ramos was better defensively than Maicon. Surely that shows exactly why Maicon is so over-rated. Ramos is better defensively than Maicon! Maicon is not a great player. Either that or he's never found his ideal position.

I beg to differ. Maicon is arguably the best right-back in the business. He ripped Italy apart the last time they played Brazil, and that from a DEFENSIVE position. Plus he's got pace to return to defensive should the opponents counter attack.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
Regardless the point remains that we have 3 decent quality RBs in Richards, Zab and Onouha (who can easily cover there). Maicon would be a waste of money which could be spent where we need it. I know we have limitless money almost but we don't want to just buy chaff because we can. Even if it does upset Chelsea ;)
People on here say they want the club to bring in great players, but when we are linked with the best of the best they argue that our current squad is better, if that is true then why don't we win things yet?
I cannot understand it its not like we are selling to buy!
Rant over.

Maverick said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:

I beg to differ. Maicon is arguably the best right-back in the business. He ripped Italy apart the last time they played Brazil, and that from a DEFENSIVE position. Plus he's got pace to return to defensive should the opponents counter attack.

Hahaha he was average at best against Italy. Most of his passes were really poor and he looked all over the place in defence. And I don't rate Italy at all at the moment. Not even in the top 15 countries at the moment in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.