Maicon

carrconormcfc said:
BlueMoonie said:
i think we should swap elano + 20 mil for johnny evans he is obviously a class cb he can replace dunne and we can keep richards at rb, he finished above ireland in epl youth player of the year awards that must mean something ....

sarcasm :)
Not sure what to make of that...

The words 'are you on glue?' come to mind

lol

mancity dan said:
The Fixer said:
dont know if it's been posted but 15mill plus elano apparently.

Yeah that was quoted on BBC3 last night.

Quality player but still think Elano has a part to play at City...

Elano is very very replaceable but we will not get another chance to sign someone of Maicon's calibre.

tomhawley said:
SWPISHOME said:
The Fixer said:

That is a bloody rip off if its true! They should be giving us money and Maicon!

are you joking or not?

Course he's not Maicon is no better than what we have. In fact he's worse. What a waste of money. If we do get him I hope he proves me wrong but on what he's shown in his career so far I'm not going to hold my breath. He appears to have a very successful hype machine though as is in evidence here. All the papers and TV pundits faun over him but no-one actually spots the fact that he's not actually that good. Looked poor last night as he has most of the season. Looked better against Italy but then who wouldn't?

Fuzzmaster101 said:
tomhawley said:
SWPISHOME said:
The Fixer said:

That is a bloody rip off if its true! They should be giving us money and Maicon!

are you joking or not?

Course he's not Maicon is no better than what we have. In fact he's worse. What a waste of money. If we do get him I hope he proves me wrong but on what he's shown in his career so far I'm not going to hold my breath. He appears to have a very successful hype machine though as is in evidence here. All the papers and TV pundits faun over him but no-one actually spots the fact that he's not actually that good. Looked poor last night as he has most of the season. Looked better against Italy but then who wouldn't?

Mate i think you don't like maicon and that the reason you don't rate him. You claim that you've seen many games for him but i "really really" doubt that you've seen that much of him in the past years (or again you've seen him but you just don't like the guy, it happens).

Maicon was 3rd highest assists in the league last season (4th the season before that) and for a fullback to have that many assists is pretty incredible. And i know like many people who don't really follow serie A one can jump on the wagon and say well serie A is shit (i've heard that many times before specially from those who don't follow the league) but i will go along on that assumption. If maicon was soo overrated and shit then why does a club like chelsea and specially Real madrid who can easilly sign any player in the world would want such a shitty player ?!! Not to mention that he is a starter in the brazilian squad ahead of a player like Dani alves who was brought by Barca for about 30 mil euros, don't you think there is a reason for that !!

It wasn't just he's agent that was saying that Madrid wants him but even Moratti in an interview few weeks ago said that he thought madrid wanted Zlatan but they were really after Maicon and that they would like to have him but till now the only club that offered an official offer is "Citizen".

Believe me when i say i absalutely hate overrating players but maicon deserves the hype around him. It's not just he's talent but he's workrate is incredible. Since he's arrival to the team he was the most dynamic player. Works as hard as 2 players combine.

I'd be definately sad if he left the club, he's by faar my favourite player in the team but i'd much rather see him playing for City than clubs like Madrid, chelsea or United.

Played just like Kelvin Etuhu on the few occassions i've seen him but i'm pretty sure i caught him on a bad day.

He wouldn't be a Brazil regular keeping Alves out of he was shite. Plus 3rd in the assist charts in italy is very good for a full back.

interisti said:
Mate i think you don't like maicon and that the reason you don't rate him. You claim that you've seen many games for him but i "really really" doubt that you've seen that much of him in the past years (or again you've seen him but you just don't like the guy, it happens).

Maicon was 3rd highest assists in the league last season (4th the season before that) and for a fullback to have that many assists is pretty incredible. And i know like many people who don't really follow serie A one can jump on the wagon and say well serie A is shit (i've heard that many times before specially from those who don't follow the league) but i will go along on that assumption. If maicon was soo overrated and shit then why does a club like chelsea and specially Real madrid who can easilly sign any player in the world would want such a shitty player ?!! Not to mention that he is a starter in the brazilian squad ahead of a player like Dani alves who was brought by Barca for about 30 mil euros, don't you think there is a reason for that !!

It wasn't just he's agent that was saying that Madrid wants him but even Moratti in an interview few weeks ago said that he thought madrid wanted Zlatan but they were really after Maicon and that they would like to have him but till now the only club that offered an official offer is "Citizen".

Believe me when i say i absalutely hate overrating players but maicon deserves the hype around him. It's not just he's talent but he's workrate is incredible. Since he's arrival to the team he was the most dynamic player. Works as hard as 2 players combine.

I'd be definately sad if he left the club, he's by faar my favourite player in the team but i'd much rather see him playing for City than clubs like Madrid, chelsea or United.

A fair point well made but I genuinely have nothing against the guy. If he comes here he'll get my full support and I hope he tears teams to shreads. Maybe he is the best in the world and I think that RB is fast becoming a none defensive position. Also we play 2 holding midfielders so the wing backs can get forward. I just think I would prefer to see new players elsewhere and RB is the one position I definately didn't think we needed anyone new. We have a desperate need for CBs and cover at LB and cover for RSC plus cover for Ireland (what happens if he gets injured, I guess Tevez could fill there if we get him or Barry could). I'm a bit disappointed in our interest is all I'm saying. I really don't think he's any better than what we've got but I may be proven wrong. If he comes I hope I am. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.