Maicon

No. The bet was that not a single 'superstar' would join us this summer. Think I will have lost that before we sign Maicon,

Maicon!?!?

Where has the Maicon thread gone?

I'm genuinely surprised people aren't placing as much emphasis on this possible transfer as they are with the likes of Eto'o and Tevez.

I almost shat myself with excitement when i heard news of this move!...

This man is in a league of his own, the attacking threat he provided Brazil tonight was present throughout the game, he was relentless - he created the momentum for Brazil's spirited comeback, his finely tuned aggressive crossing was Brazil's major threat throughout the game .Intelligent, swift passing moves from his flank make Brazil the side they are. He gives Brazil and Inter Milan a fluidity and a relentless confrontational attack, and due to his physique and defensive qualities he is as close to the complete right back as they come.

Maicon would be ideal for us - There is no point spending millions on the likes of Eto'o and RSC if no one provides them the service they require to play to the best of their ability.

In a 4-3-3 it's crucial you have quality attacking fullbacks adept at providing a threat in wide positions, otherwise the system is ineffective and becomes predictable. The reason the yanks overcame Spain was because they neutralised the threat of their attacking fullbacks.

Without able attacking fullbacks, you inevitably play too narrow, and can become one dimensional - continuously playing though the middle.

Fullbacks are the making of every top side, they're the foundation of every attacking move and are the heartbeat of every successful side.

I've seen us linked with Sheffield's Kyle Naughton, now he's a good prospect - but the last thing we need is another unproven youngster in the middle of a large learning curve.

If we're aiming for the likes of Eto'o, Maicon should be right up there on the top of our "wanted list". With the possible additions of Eto'o, Tevez and Lescott he would complete our side. He would be the catalyst for the sky blue revoltion.

Maicon is a must...

Please get this one done City.

CTID.

Re: Maicon!?!?

Agreed he is class, but Chelsea are hugely interested despite having Bosingwa and maybe we would need to tie up an Eto'o and a Tevez before he will considor a move to Eastlands.

well the MEN played it down, saying something like 'we understand there is no truth in the link', but it wasnt clear if they were talking specifically about a swap deal involving elano... if they were, my gut feeling is that there might actually be something in it, because city have let out that ela can go if the offer is right, so maybe they are playing it cool in order to be able to go to maicon with tevez and eto'o on board and still get a decent deal out of inter.

still, the ITK crowd are silent on this one, and hhhhhreal are interested, so maybe i'm thinking wishfully. maicon does seem absolutely tailor made for us.

*conspiracy theory* we let johnson go to liverpool in order for them to have to sell either mascher or alonso. if mascher went to barca, toure becomes available for us, if alonso goes to real, that makes them less likely to be in a position to afford maicon.

Re: Maicon!?!?

Maicon is class - totally agree with the op. Would be a brilliant addition to the team. He was immense tonight.

bizzbo said:
*conspiracy theory* we let johnson go to liverpool in order for them to have to sell either mascher or alonso. if mascher went to barca, toure becomes available for us, if alonso goes to real, that makes them less likely to be in a position to afford maicon.

Flawed as toure just signed new deal. Feel free to try again

johnmc said:
bizzbo said:

Flawed as toure just signed new deal. Feel free to try again

no, listen here, kiddo, I have outlined the original plan, which would have been formulated before toure signed his new deal. hmmm didnt the johnson signing and the toure deal happen withing 24 hrs? maybe we'd be happier with pool getting 20-25m for alonso from real than 35 or so for mascher, to remove the risk of either of them signing villa, which would fuck it all up. the second part is still a goer.

I'm making this stuff up as I go along, it's not easy you know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.