Maicon

Re: Maicon!?!?

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
hmm did anyone actually WATCH him closely tonight? Massive holes in his game, considering the stick some of you gave Micah last year you'd have a field day with this one!

I can't agree...

Either way - I could never see him feigning an injury in the dying moments of a European QF, as a result of not having enough heart (or as some would say; as a result of being a pathetically lazy, heartless c*nt) to dig deep and find the drive in himself to track an opposition player who almost ended the game there and then with a peach of a cross......

Only for him to then (just a minute later) run aimlessly around the opposition's penalty area, and smash a golden opportunity (with the said "injured leg") right over the crossbar into the second tier of the North stand.

IMO of course.

MCFC* said:

What a great big fail...

Upload it on here mate, then copy and paste the link;

<a class="postlink" href="http://tinypic.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tinypic.com/</a>

I've said it elsewhere but I'll state it again for the record. Whilst Maicon has got a good cross on him his general play is poor. I don't recall during the recent Confederations Cup him ever winning a defensive tackle. Players take him on and skin him every time. I understand that our full backs need to be attack minded but not just a right/left winger. They need to be full backs. We have 3 players who can do a very good job at Right back and I'd want them in the team before Maicon every day. Does no-one remember when Zab was given free license to break forward how good he was (I forget which game it was but he was our man of the match). He broke into the box constantly and caused the defence numerous problems. I know he's not the best defensively but he walks all over Maicon in defense. Richards does too but needs a little more control going forward.

If Maicon comes I will cheer him with all my heart and hope he destroys teams but I will be somewhat gutted that we got a right back when we didn't need one. I would like at least some of our team from last year to be on the field at the start of the season. We weren't that bad! We just needed cover at CB, LB and a quality target man. Hopefully we have these now.

with the likes of robihno tevex eto'o ireland wright phillips elano bellamy santa cruz petrov, Id rather have a full back that can defend, I think we may find we have attacking options elsewhere in the team.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
I've said it elsewhere but I'll state it again for the record. Whilst Maicon has got a good cross on him his general play is poor. I don't recall during the recent Confederations Cup him ever winning a defensive tackle. Players take him on and skin him every time. I understand that our full backs need to be attack minded but not just a right/left winger. They need to be full backs. We have 3 players who can do a very good job at full back and I'd want them in the team before Maicon every day. Does no-one remember when Zab was given free license to break forward how good he was (I forget which game it was but he was our man of the match). He broke into the box constantly and caused the defence numerous problems. I know he's not the best defensively but he walks all over Maicon in defense. Richards does too but needs a little more control going forward. If Maicon comes I will cheer him with all my heart and hope he destroys teams but I will be somewhat gutted that we got a right back when we didn't need one. I would like at least some of our team from last year to be on the field at the start of the season. We weren't that bad! We just needed cover at CB, LB and a quality target man. Hopefully we have these now.

Nonsense.

*singingtheblues* said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
I've said it elsewhere but I'll state it again for the record. Whilst Maicon has got a good cross on him his general play is poor. I don't recall during the recent Confederations Cup him ever winning a defensive tackle. Players take him on and skin him every time. I understand that our full backs need to be attack minded but not just a right/left winger. They need to be full backs. We have 3 players who can do a very good job at full back and I'd want them in the team before Maicon every day. Does no-one remember when Zab was given free license to break forward how good he was (I forget which game it was but he was our man of the match). He broke into the box constantly and caused the defence numerous problems. I know he's not the best defensively but he walks all over Maicon in defense. Richards does too but needs a little more control going forward. If Maicon comes I will cheer him with all my heart and hope he destroys teams but I will be somewhat gutted that we got a right back when we didn't need one. I would like at least some of our team from last year to be on the field at the start of the season. We weren't that bad! We just needed cover at CB, LB and a quality target man. Hopefully we have these now.

Nonsense.

Pardon? Qualify?

Danish Blue said:
with the likes of robihno tevex eto'o ireland wright phillips elano bellamy santa cruz petrov, Id rather have a full back that can defend, I think we may find we have attacking options elsewhere in the team.

Ignorance is bliss.

The man can defend. He's much better defensively than Zabaleta and Richards, and as for going forward is concerned... take a look at his assists this season for Inter - phenomenal.

Do a little research before you jump to conclusions...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.