Maicon

tomhawley said:
10.Goater_Legend said:
All round mint signing for the club me thinks. He will strengthen us down the right no end and will be a good mate for Robbie once Blumer the moaner is floged. Swap deal plus cash Elano + £5m? uno it makes sense Inter =).

elano and 5 million, thats just silly

i think it would take elano plus atleast 17 million or so, specially with dani alvez doing for about 25 million last year

besides free kicks he can do everything alves can do going forward

and is much better defensively

Godfather said:
Please correct me if im wrong, I may be getting my players mixed up, But when United played Inter at the San Siro last season a defender on the right or right center got turned inside out by ryan giggs and was constantly caught out of position and eventually got subbed at half time because he was having a mare, was that Maicon?

Don't think so half of the first team defence was injured.

Tell yer what fellas. I was one of the 'Hughes out' boys last season, wanted ( bit of me still does ) Mourinho, but if all these signings happen............we are gonna be one hell of a force to be reckoned with!! Move over Yoonited, cos its all over now..........:-) Can we keep Elano though, he's a class player in what would be a great squad/ Lescott for Jo / Richards I would take anyday.

C_T_I_D said:
Braggster said:
We should be very reluctant to let Richards go to Everton, but if we could sign Maicon that would be our best signing this window, for sure, even if Eto'o, Terry, or whoever came in as well. Sheer class. Sign him up.

Fantastic, fantastic player, the best in the world at what he does, and as anyone sensible will tell you a quality attacking fullback is one of the key players in the modern game at the top level. The people questioning Benitez' signing of Johnson are clueless. Maicon would be an even better option for us. P.s. did I mention I think we should sign him?

So in conclusion you'd be in support of this signing? ;-)

Sorry, I obviously didn't make myself clear enough. I think we should sign him ;-)

Re: Richards, it's a tough one, because obviously if Maicon came in Micah would be on the bench each week (he can't play centre back and nor does he want to anyway), but - despite being one of Micah's biggest critics this season - I still think he has a big, big future and attacking fullbacks are treasures not to be carelessly discarded.

Maybe we could loan him out for a season or two, but if he gets loaned out and establishes himself at another side and maybe gets back into the England squad, he would be reluctant to come back IMO. Tough problem. Obviously won't pose itself unless we actually get Maicon, but it's important to keep bids quiet or Micah will feel undermined.

Godfather said:
Please correct me if im wrong, I may be getting my players mixed up, But when United played Inter at the San Siro last season a defender on the right or right center got turned inside out by ryan giggs and was constantly caught out of position and eventually got subbed at half time because he was having a mare, was that Maicon?

Maicon was just coming from an injury back then and mourinho tried to play him and see if he can cope but found out that he's just not 100% fit so he subbed him in half time.

Bluemer said:
Godfather said:

Don't think so half of the first team defence was injured.

That was Nelson Rivas. When Còrdoba came on for him at half time the game changed completely (for the better, from Inter's point of view).

Fergie did his usual shutdown job on Maicon that he always does when faced with a quality attacking fullback: he had Park on to neutralise the threat.

interisti said:
Godfather said:

Maicon was just coming from an injury back then and mourinho tried to play him and see if he can cope but found out that he's just not 100% fit so he subbed him in half time.

Ah right i thought it was him, cheers. I wont judge him on that display then.

interisti said:
Godfather said:

I'm sure it was Rivas who got subbed by Mou, not Maicon - Maicon played 90' if my memory serves correctly

------------given----------
maicon----toure/terry---lescott---bridge

------------kompany/dejong-------
---------ireland-------barry-------
-------tevez-----------robinho---
--------------eto'o/RSC----------

fantasy football?.........or reality??? ;]

SSN- Reports are reaching us from Italy that Manchester City are ready to rival Chelsea as they battle to sign Inter Milan defender Maicon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.