Maicon

Unreal player in his prime, was the undisputed best right back in the world for several years on the trot, such a shame he couldn't show it with us. Will always remember him for this goal. And he definitely meant it!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q7iSjZbnhc[/youtube]

While I agree it's for the best that he moves on, comments such as "good riddance" are bang out of order IMO. Maicon arrived for a relatively low transfer fee and was a decent short-term acquisition on the face of it but unfortunately he missed most of last season due to injury. While he didn't play much as a result, he made a telling contribution when we beat Spurs at home. It was Maicon's introduction that swung the game back in our favour, giving us some much needed width on the right and he even helped keep Bale quiet.

So for me, he should be leaving with a "good luck" rather than a "good riddance".

Matt the Giant said:
M18CTID said:
So for me, he should be leaving with a "good luck" rather than a "good riddance".

One doesn't necessarily exclude the other. ;)
But yes I agree with you.

I just feel that we should be a bit more respectful to departing players mate. Unless they've done something to seriously piss us fans off then I've no problem wishing someone well when they leave. Maicon didn't make too great a contribution but he was hampered by injuries so it isn't really his fault that he largely failed to make an impression.

Rome, Maicon arrived in town: the photo
15.07.2013 10:08 by Gianluca Di Marzio for gianlucadimarzio.com
It 'started the first day of red and yellow Maicon. The Brazilian full-back has landed a few hours ago in Fiumicino, waited for about 50 people. Does not have a personal statement currently. Now waiting for medical visits and then transfer to Riscone Brunico to reach out to new partners.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/gianlucadimarzio/?action=read&idnet=Z2lhbmx1Y2FkaW1hcnppby5jb20tNjUxMDQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/gianluca ... 20tNjUxMDQ</a>

I read some where he was on between 80-90k a week...so between Maicon and Tevez we've saved nearly 300k a week....time to spend this money on a striker city!!:)

Kind regards

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
How much is Maicon on per week approx..Does anyone know??

We have saved a crazy amount of wages, Tevez, RSC, Bridge, Kolo, Maicon and a few more yet I reckon. Easily 600k this summer saved + Balotelli's wage since jan.

Fernandinho and Navas aren't on huge contracts, Tevez's contract probably covers both + money left over.

FrancoisToure said:
KennyG said:
One of the last three worst signings!
Sinclair and Garcia being the othet two.
Last summer was abysmal (nastasic aside)
Every year we are hamstrung by previous fuck ups
We are two strikers, a left back (kolarov out) left wide attacker short.
We don't have a top class set piece taker either.
May not all be fixed for this summer!

I would add Rodwell to that as well.
I hear this a lot and disagree entirely.

Rodwell was paid 2.5m for last seasom in wages and played less than a dozen games. He was injury prone before we bought him and we could have bought this season or next. He's the kind of lad who's sound on his day but his days are few and far between due to his unfortunate injury problems. I'd sooner have signed James McCarthy from Wigan for the same money. Equally as promising but spends more time available than unavailable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.