Maicon

I remember Mancio saying at some point last season that Maicon was still twice as good as Zaba would ever be and accusing those who said he was talking shit of knowing nothing about football etc. When Maicon leaves having done pretty much nothing for City, I hope Mancio comes back to apologise for being a complete and utter ****.

CTID101 said:
We have saved a crazy amount of wages, Tevez, RSC, Bridge, Kolo, Maicon and a few more yet I reckon. Easily 600k this summer saved + Balotelli's wage since jan.

Fernandinho and Navas aren't on huge contracts, Tevez's contract probably covers both + money left over.
That was the plan.

Cut wage without cutting quality. Mancini had an expensive taste and that was extended to even second choice players. Luckily we are eradicating that and getting more bang for buck. FFP is not a problem and we have addressed squad weakness and unbalance. This summer is about getting things in order and progress. Next summer and the ones after we can have some fun again.

Lancet Fluke said:
I remember Mancio saying at some point last season that Maicon was still twice as good as Zaba would ever be and accusing those who said he was talking shit of knowing nothing about football etc. When Maicon leaves having done pretty much nothing for City, I hope Mancio comes back to apologise for being a complete and utter ****.
Injuries were not part of the plan

Question is will he be able to get his fitness back to a level where he can play regularly.

NipHolmes said:
FrancoisToure said:
KennyG said:
One of the last three worst signings!
Sinclair and Garcia being the othet two.
Last summer was abysmal (nastasic aside)
Every year we are hamstrung by previous fuck ups
We are two strikers, a left back (kolarov out) left wide attacker short.
We don't have a top class set piece taker either.
May not all be fixed for this summer!

I would add Rodwell to that as well.
I hear this a lot and disagree entirely.

Rodwell was paid 2.5m for last seasom in wages and played less than a dozen games. He was injury prone before we bought him and we could have bought this season or next. He's the kind of lad who's sound on his day but his days are few and far between due to his unfortunate injury problems. I'd sooner have signed James McCarthy from Wigan for the same money. Equally as promising but spends more time available than unavailable.

Stevie Dj Beater had similar problems at the same age. Just think of it this way.. he's young enough to improve, he's an English international, if you believe the media baconface like's the look of the lad, he's Prem proven.. compare it to 15 million for Joe Allen or 20 million for Henderson.

If he is to leave for Roma, then I wish him all the best for the next stage of his career.

No hard feelings - it didn't work out for him here due to injury, and the fact that he was essentially third choice in his favoured position, but I see no need for any animosity towards the player just because he isn't part of our plans moving forward.

I do find the trend for sniping at those who used to play for/work for the Club just because they are no longer with us a little strange, not to mention more than a little needy. If they genuinely did something to warrant all the negativity, then fair do's - someone like Danny Mills for example I can't really argue with - but if its just because they aren't at the Club any more, what's the point? You've only got to look at the Jim Cassell thread upstairs to see a frankly bizarre level of bitterness towards someone who did nothing but good for the Club during very different times.

Maicon didn't work out for us, and its right that he leaves to further his career elsewhere, but I can't see an y reason to be so completely graceless towards him.

Another chunk of future wage costs saved. Let's hope he passed the lunchtime medical later today.

These costs will go towards Alvaro's wage.

I was quite excited when we signed him, was amazing about 8 years ago but i'll always remember him getting absolutely thrashed by Gareth Bale when spuds played Inter.

Marvin said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Injuries were not part of the plan

Question is will he be able to get his fitness back to a level where he can play regularly.

Well he said that in January/February I think when it was already clear that injuries were very much part of the equation whether they were part of the plan or not. Think he accused those questioning the purchase of Maicon of spending too much time wanking instead of watching football or something along those lines. Now admittedly I like a wank as much as the next man but I also know that Maicon isn't as useful a footballer as Zab these days let alone being twice as good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.