Maine Rd terrace characters

billabong said:
Wilson Pratt. allways pissed.
Top bloke 'Jockey' had a great night in Larnaca after the Nicosia game listening to his old songs that have'nt been heard for decades.
Also saw a bloke at the match today who i remember from the battle of Bramall Lane early/mid 70's, city in their end & he got nicked for having a pint pot in his pocket, not sure of his name but he goes everywhere, looks a bit like Roy Cropper off corrie.

mainestand said:
billabong said:
Wilson Pratt. allways pissed.
Top bloke 'Jockey' had a great night in Larnaca after the Nicosia game listening to his old songs that have'nt been heard for decades.
Also saw a bloke at the match today who i remember from the battle of Bramall Lane early/mid 70's, city in their end & he got nicked for having a pint pot in his pocket, not sure of his name but he goes everywhere, looks a bit like Roy Cropper off corrie.
Jocky was on pre Season Tou rin China probabl y14 yrars ago as one game got cancelled due to floods everyone else went to Hong Kong for a couple of days .Not Jockey City hastily aranged a nothe rgame in Scarbourough so he went there instead

LongsightM13 said:
I think it's the same fella. Used to knock about with vinny collins and that mob from leve legion? Heard some tales about him when I was growing up!
Same lad,pat b was/is fuckin quality lad,vinny collins stabbed to death in george/dragon cheadle 2 years back

LongsightM13 said:
Never understood why the loons would insist on standing there when it was pissing down and a roof and shelter was 10 yards away. Ps is jacket guy scottish? Someone once told me he was but I've never spoken to him. What's his real name? Any pics? He's a city legend and deserves proper recognition on here

He is a Jock. When I was a kid I spoke to him once in the Kippax and he used to travel from Scotland for the matches. I used to think he was the loyalist City fan ever just for that. He always stood towards the right of the Kippax near the front. I saw him a few weeks ago at COMS for the first time in years and it made me feel like a kid all over again. Respect!

Rob Gretton liked a ruck as well. Does anybody remember that little guy from gorton who used to knock about with les tate. Remember him at everton years ago on a boxing day with a turkey leg in his hand sing `hit them with your turkey leg, hit them` to the ian dury song.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.