Maine Rd terrace characters

feedthegoat11 said:
always remember a little chubby ginger bloke. Used to see him every night in his city scarf and always carried a massive radio about with him. I think he used to go in the main stand and he used to get off the bus in Blackley.Wonder if he still goes and still carries the same radio.

He was known as ginger minger and his amazing transistor radio.

will try and dig out some pics tomorrow from the 80's.Tommy Muir and brother John going to Wembley 87 and another from 1990,sure Les Tate is on it(Palace away)

mancityvstoke said:
manclad said:
He actually runs his own building firm these days,my pal Barry who got to know Fred through going to building college with him back in the 70s is one of the partners/directors of his company.
Not bad going for a City Psycho eh?

Loads of PSYCHOS from back in the day have done very well. Some not so well. Many of them I know went abroad and never returned. USA, Trinidad, Aussie, NZ and Sweden just some I know of.

Fred will probably remember B Skreeton too from that area. We all used to drink in the Mauldeth , Derby etc.
Very sound lad is BS, had a top pissup very early 90's end of month mad court trial.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
feedthegoat11 said:
always remember a little chubby ginger bloke. Used to see him every night in his city scarf and always carried a massive radio about with him. I think he used to go in the main stand and he used to get off the bus in Blackley.Wonder if he still goes and still carries the same radio.

He was known as ginger minger and his amazing transistor radio.

We all knew him as Radiohead!

Balti said:
Uwes Grandad said:
'Safeway' Bob Meehan, Abbo, Terry Casey

Abbo rings a bell. When was he going?
Bob Meehan was a top lad,he used to go everywhere by train,with Clarky,Mac.Donut,Pete White and Gary Grffthis
They travelled all over Europe doing the matches on the old Delta travel rail cards
I think Bob and Pete did Tommy Doc over on the train
Clarky also knocked around with the Parkside crew,The Carr boys,George and Jimmy,Terry Howarth,the Richardson brothers,Mitch,Peter Wright,Dave Lingard,Nigel and Degsy and the prince of clowns Pete Lewis

I used to go on a coach from outside Aytoun Street(dole office)run by a lad called Ginner all the lads used to go on this one i will name you some all good lads.Les Tate,George Carr,Dave Pringle,Mike Aviary,Steve Gartside,Dave Laryea,Mick Burke(RIP),Mick Hodgson(RIP),Barry Gate,John Newman,John Graham,Harry Wragg,Les Cracknell,Scrubber,Andy(known as Killer from the moss).Stan Hayes,Steve Prince,Marsy and his brother,The Cooks from Langley,The Booths from Langley.Johnny Muir,Paddy Oneil (one hard bastard),Mick Hackin,Kidderminster Pat,Johnny Cockin plus a few boot girls as well. There are more but my memory is going now (lol)The good old days these were the best.Doddy

Doddy said:
I used to go on a coach from outside Aytoun Street(dole office)run by a lad called Ginner all the lads used to go on this one i will name you some all good lads.Les Tate,George Carr,Dave Pringle,Mike Aviary,Steve Gartside,Dave Laryea,Mick Burke(RIP),Mick Hodgson(RIP),Barry Gate,John Newman,John Graham,Harry Wragg,Les Cracknell,Scrubber,Andy(known as Killer from the moss).Stan Hayes,Steve Prince,Marsy and his brother,The Cooks from Langley,The Booths from Langley.Johnny Muir,Paddy Oneil (one hard bastard),Mick Hackin,Kidderminster Pat,Johnny Cockin plus a few boot girls as well. There are more but my memory is going now (lol)The good old days these were the best.Doddy
Paddy Oneil,he has changed a bit over the years

He certainly has saw him in town on Saturday gave him a fiver shame the way he has turned out.Other guys from coach just remembered Paul Israel,Jack Hargreaves.

My old man would love this thread, went from handforth/heald green in the 70s, 80s and the early 90s till he had to start taking me ;) Sure he knocked about with Gorton lads and a few from Bramhall but can't really remember. Unfortunately he's a demic when it comes to computers and doesn't really wanna know anymore but i'll show him ths thread I'm sure he'll know the names plus he still can't resist telling me the stories(swimming in the trent, doin a mob they thought were united in rusholme only to see them at city the week later) The stories he told me as a kid and teenager is one of the main reasons why i'm so passionate about city. Sometimes wish football was still like that, seemed so much more sociable and real. Anyway read alot about Curles penalty at the swamp and found this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOIA-n_FypM[/youtube]

Shit quality but enjoy and if anyone knew a few from Heald Green/Handforth send us a PM.

How about the British Heart foundation guy outside the club shop at Maine Road, iv seen him a few times at COMS too, saying the same thing in his memorable trademark voice, cant remember what it is he says though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.