Maine Rd terrace characters

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
JCB001 said:
Little Limpy Lee Thompson ,ran with George Mcguire's crew . Still see him now n again

I use to go to away games with Lee ( he was a hairdresser ) always had a hairdresser's razor in his car just in case!

Used to go away with Lee in mid 70s .always got me in trouble ...when did you go

JCB001 said:
Tueartsoverhead kick said:
I use to go to away games with Lee ( he was a hairdresser ) always had a hairdresser's razor in his car just in case!

Used to go away with Lee in mid 70s .always got me in trouble ...when did you go

late 70's maybe early 80's do you remember Pete T, Colin S, Martin T and Ebbi ?

Sorry I am a bit lazy to read through the posts but was there a guy that used shout random things at the oppositions goalkeeper?

rag said:
Sorry I am a bit lazy to read through the posts but was there a guy that used shout random things at the oppositions goalkeeper?

Been plenty of them mate.

Blue Lloyd said:
rag said:

Been plenty of them mate.

I thought so. Cheers for that

totallywired said:
Soulboy said:
I've just read all 18 pages and I can't believe the number of people mentioned who I know or have had contact with..

Les Tate from Langley... my brother in law was a big mate of his... Tiny Ted Davies who used to manage Mercer Celtic... I played for Mercer Celtic and knew Ted well... Bulldog... growing up in Hulme I used to go drinking with Bulldog in The Shakespeare... Johny Muir... I think he smacked me one night in Cheetham Hill!... Jocky... regularly have a chat with him before the match... And there's probably a few more that I've forgot.

Ah, the memories.
Les Tate from Gorton mate. Remember him playing football for the gorton mount on annie lee`s playing fields. This rag who was supposed to be a hard nut, turned up with some mates for Les. While the the match was in progress and in full kit Les just jogged off the pitch, vaulted the fence, ran straight over to th e rags and headbutted the hard one one the nose. He sparked him clean out then just jogged back onto the pitch as though nothing had happened. Pure class from the hardest city fan ever.
I knew Les and his sister good lad, remember being with him at the cricket match when it went off, he was a big lad good days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.