Maine Rd terrace characters

mancityvstoke said:
Chappie said:
Quite a few of the lads got sent down for that,if I remember.
Les Cracknell was one and there was a lad from Withington,who nobody has mentioned Dave Simmons (simmo)

yeah Simmo..thought he was from Burnage?
Yeah he was a Burnage lad.

Good stuff on here. I go back a long way but i can put faces to names for only a few. The stories about the lasses made me laugh. Remember a couple of games at Maine Road near the end of its days there was an American woman with a City tattoo. You get all sorts.

Used to stand in the open corner of KIPPAX next to North stand,

3.00 Game kicks off

3.01 Pakistani bloke behind ,without fail UNITED GETTIN BEAT 1-0,and he was never f***in right

I remember a lad called Sully who came with bulldog at one match when city played at old trafford in cup tie and this was netural ground. Cant remember who we played or why at old trafford but few utd lads in streford end soon went quite and moved on when he came in,didnt look like hard man but every one knew him.

Arturo said:
I remember a lad called Sully who came with bulldog at one match when city played at old trafford in cup tie and this was netural ground. Cant remember who we played or why at old trafford but few utd lads in streford end soon went quite and moved on when he came in,didnt look like hard man but every one knew him.

it was against luton in a 3rd game after 2 draws in league cup, think we won 1 - 0 lee scored , then got an hat trick against the rags in same season , and was leading goalscorer at old trafford for a while that season

Doddy said:
I used to go on a coach from outside Aytoun Street(dole office)run by a lad called Ginner all the lads used to go on this one i will name you some all good lads.Les Tate,George Carr,Dave Pringle,Mike Aviary,Steve Gartside,Dave Laryea,Mick Burke(RIP),Mick Hodgson(RIP),Barry Gate,John Newman,John Graham,Harry Wragg,Les Cracknell,Scrubber,Andy(known as Killer from the moss).Stan Hayes,Steve Prince,Marsy and his brother,The Cooks from Langley,The Booths from Langley.Johnny Muir,Paddy Oneil (one hard bastard),Mick Hackin,Kidderminster Pat,Johnny Cockin plus a few boot girls as well. There are more but my memory is going now (lol)The good old days these were the best.Doddy

I remember this coach very well, I used to catch it with the rest of the langley lads at midnight on a friday for the london games if you got home it was a bonus

If we got home from any game it was a bonus even more so with all the windows intact(Lol)

the guy with the chicken, think he worked at one of the big hotels in Manchester as a chef could have been the midland and lived up near new mills and think he was called Neil,the chicken was his weekend wrap up for home, but most weekends ended up being swung round his head in the platt lane crazy as f**K and about 7 ft tall
he has even got a question about himself on trivial persuit
Steely you mad sod where are you???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.