Maine Rd terrace characters

the lad who ran onto the pitch & dived on Keith Curle is called Kev.He is still daft as a brush,lives in Fallowfield I think

a giant of a bloke about 6 foot 6, built like a brick shithouse and long hair like neil in the young ones. sat in front of me in the stretford end when they did us 2-1. i was about 14 and thought i was the only blue in there. when quinny scored i automatically jumped up only for this geezer to join me. we embraced like a pair of long lost brothers. quality. i used to see him on the kippax and he always let on. he thought i was some little warrior. top bloke.

Arturo said:
I remember a lad called Sully who came with bulldog at one match when city played at old trafford in cup tie and this was netural ground. Cant remember who we played or why at old trafford but few utd lads in streford end soon went quite and moved on when he came in,didnt look like hard man but every one knew him.
Reckon the game might have been Luton (3rd replay). I was in the Stretford End that night. I remember that game as on getting off the 53 in Moss Side going home I watched as a car pulled up outside a Taxi place just off Princess Road and started firing bullets at the place. Now that was scarey.

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
JCB001 said:
Little Limpy Lee Thompson ,ran with George Mcguire's crew . Still see him now n again

I use to go to away games with Lee ( he was a hairdresser ) always had a hairdresser's razor in his car just in case!
I went to chelsea with Lee in 1970 stood on the shed and made sure they knew we were city. We went on connelly's coach from Gorton some others on that trip were Kenny Kirk, Scally, Snowy can't remember any more.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:32 pm --<br /><br />
give-go said:
Chappie said:
Bob Meehan was a top lad,he used to go everywhere by train,with Clarky,Mac.Donut,Pete White and Gary Grffthis
They travelled all over Europe doing the matches on the old Delta travel rail cards
I think Bob and Pete did Tommy Doc over on the train
Clarky also knocked around with the Parkside crew,The Carr boys,George and Jimmy,Terry Howarth,the Richardson brothers,Mitch,Peter Wright,Dave Lingard,Nigel and Degsy and the prince of clowns Pete Lewis

yes pete white was the lad who smacked tommy doc, used to go with pete to some aways with the irlam & cadishead supporters club

Bob Meehan smacked Tommy Doc hence his " soc the doc " nickname which he hated.

Oh another good Gorton blue who's not had a mention yet is Worthy, another one of the parkside lads.

what about the ginger twat with his kid in the platt lane who sat down like a minute after everyone else, everytime?

I felt sorry for that kid, her dad got so much abuse. Must have been 4 seasons in a row, anyone in the Platt Lane will know him

New to this thread so sorry if already posted

Remember a steward in the North Stand round about 1996 that looked like

snooker player Willie Thorne

he eventually acknowledged our Willie give us a wave song

Anyone remember the Cheadle lot, Always used to go in the Clarence Haigy, Big Alan, Alfie, was only a kid when I used to travel about with this lot, always hired the shitest van you could get, no fucking seats just a mattress had some top trips out, they were all daft as fuck! they once took a couple of benches from a boozer on they way to Oxford!!! LOL

Also Cainy & Cagze from Ardwick, Handy lads they were, remember Cainy running into Down town bar in town and kicking off with a load of utd's lads, on his own, one of which had just belted his younger brother with a ashtray an hour before!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.