Maine Road (Football Away Days)

28 years on the Kippax. Loved the place. Only been to the Etihad about 20 times in total, too far away and easy TV viewing these days. Not sure what's the matter with me, probably concern about the impacts of the economic downturn on everybody, but I really am not arsed about when (if ever)I watch my beloved team again. This is from someone who has done Ewood Park promotion, Gillingham Wembley (and stayed until the end), Barcelona in the CL, but not York away P. S. Without exaggeration, I have wrecked a number of TV's over the years when things have not gone to plan. #historicallymyabsolutelifebutseeminglyforwhateverreasonnotanymore

When the old Kippax was knocked down Maine Road was never quite the same place to me. In fact football was never quite the same again. I was away when it was demolished and I remember on the occasional times that I could visit in the 90s I’d spend half my time in the north stand being shouted at to sit down. I was institutionalised from growing up watching football stood up and starting songs that everyone would join in with straight away.

IMG_0001.jpg
Pretty sure there were plans to have a new roof on the kippax to match the main stand and have the platt lane and north stand matching too.

Ive either dreamt it or ive seen the plans!

This was deffo swales. Franny had ideas to have the whole stadium like tge new kippax

You didn't dream it, it was in a program during the John Bond era. Same roof that was on the Main was to go over the Kippax and matching Platt and North stands. I can see the illustration now, but can't track down the programme.

But the t'internet strikes again,,,,laydees and gennulmen, the new Maine Road:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kHBHCuYKdyo/TqGr9_7vfhI/AAAAAAAAAx0/yndzLOAjiTY/s1600/IMG_0001.jpg

EDIT: Sorry, just asw AJ's post of the same.

IMG_0001.jpg

You didn't dream it, it was in a program during the John Bond era. Same roof that was on the Main was to go over the Kippax and matching Platt and North stands. I can see the illustration now, but can't track down the programme.

But the t'internet strikes again,,,,laydees and gennulmen, the new Maine Road:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kHBHCuYKdyo/TqGr9_7vfhI/AAAAAAAAAx0/yndzLOAjiTY/s1600/IMG_0001.jpg

EDIT: Sorry, just asw AJ's post of the same.
That would of been the best stadium in the land

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.