Maine Road (now) photos

drove past after work the other day still remember my first game west brom at home 2000 i was 5 (still remember though) :D we drew 0-0 i loved it so much and got hooked straight away! we need to capture our voices again like at main road because our atmosphere at home is shite sometimes

Drove past the other day, wasn't really arsed. Stadium we left was crap. For me it had become synonymous with failure. The new ground is 10 times better. As for the atmosphere that's up to the supporters. People sitting on their hands being totally mute for 90 mins has nothing to do with the stadium. A lot of blue tinted specs being donned when it comes to Maine Road.

I'm happy that we don't play there anymore and it's no longer our home.
The place was a fucking dump and all this stuff about "the great atmosphere" is absolute bollocks

So so happy we don't play there anymore aswell. Don't have these fond memories of it as others do, i thought it was a dump. I would have loved to have seen it in the early 80's though with the magnificent Kippax. From when that was pulled down Maine Road was dead.

WNRH said:
So so happy we don't play there anymore aswell. Don't have these fond memories of it as others do, i thought it was a dump. I would have loved to have seen it in the early 80's though with the magnificent Kippax. From when that was pulled down Maine Road was dead.
I think the original Kippax and Platt Lane stands are what people miss not what we left in 2003. Have to say the original Kippax was an excellent place. Watching small bottles of vodka being passed around and the smell of "herbal" cigarettes was highly amusing.

The Pink Panther said:
I'm happy that we don't play there anymore and it's no longer our home.
The place was a fucking dump and all this stuff about "the great atmosphere" is absolute bollocks

yeh alrite

So many memories...one I remember was ,I think, Dave Watsons testimonial, against Werder Bremen, the crowd was only around 8,000 but the whole of the ground was open. I sat by myself at the top the old Platt Lane, the bit where it curved round to meet the Main stand. I was the only one sat there! At the final whistle I just sat there and watched the ground empty and the grounds men do their bit. No on noticed me ! After about Half an hour I decided to leave and walked down to the corner tunnel, I was then seen by a groundsman who told the only way out now was through the main front entrance so he led me down the players tunnel past the dressing rooms and out the front !! I must have about 14 or 15 at the time.

Powerful memories. I remember when I was really young going up those streets with my dad. I often used to think as a 12 year old how cool it would be to live in a house right near Maine Road, as it would be convenient on match day (being a 12 year old with a somewhat naive view of what living in Moss Side would be like). Just as well I didn't get one lol

Had some decent nights out at the Social Club, the guy that supplied cooked meats to our shops took us there originally. Dyed in the wool City fan that originally worked for Louis Edwards, never had a good word to say about the Edwards.

Happy Days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.