Maine Road (now) photos

Maine Road....:(
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBNi2dxqKus[/youtube]

wish i hadn't of seen the photo's... many happy (and not so happy) memories of that place. Still have my seat from the Platt Lane end in the garage ;-(

I drive past it every Monday on my way from work to Platt Lane to play football, no matter how many times I see it I never fail to be depressed by the whole thing. We needed to move, for footballing and financial reasons, I understand that, but try telling that to my heart.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Jesus............................ it's as if it wasn't even there to begin with.

8 years on and still hard to take I remember the last day vs Southampton lost 1-0 but everyone wasn't even arsed about the result or game so many tears and memories that day.

I remember when they did a special on ITV I was about 14/15 and remember just sat in my room in tears, I remember people saying I was a sad wet arse being reminded that it was only a football stadium......

I think most can agree that it was much more then just a stadium.

Im just really angry it got bullldozed tbh think its just such a waste and sad ending! Just dont understand what it was such a magical place cant put it into words!!

Miss the banter with all the people around us, now in EL3 not many seasoncard holders around us so the banter lost, but we do have the FA Cup (-;. In my teen days used to get the train from wilmslow to didsbury, draped in scarfs, then i think the 42, 45 or 157 to the game, the feeling of seeing the floodlights in the distance every game will live with me forever

spacecadet said:
Miss the fantastic "Commit No Nuisance" Signs painted on the walls at the back of Kippax!!

Invariably didn't work though,

I remember watching two mounted cops (those on horses that is!) grip a Liverpool fan one night and holding one arm each, they set off at a canter with him towards a police van where the doors were open and he was just launched into it...!!
Imagine seeing that happen now? brilliant, it shut the turd up that's for sure, his face was a picture and I bet it hurt a bit when he hit the back of the van?!

All for committing a bit of a nuisance......................!

Stretford Born Blue said:
spacecadet said:
Miss the fantastic "Commit No Nuisance" Signs painted on the walls at the back of Kippax!!

Invariably didn't work though,

I remember watching two mounted cops (those on horses that is!) grip a Liverpool fan one night and holding one arm each, they set off at a canter with him towards a police van where the doors were open and he was just launched into it...!!
Imagine seeing that happen now? brilliant, it shut the turd up that's for sure, his face was a picture and I bet it hurt a bit when he hit the back of the van?!

All for committing a bit of a nuisance......................!

Nice one mate- my particular favourite was v Leeds 1992(Cantana played)- City won 4-0
Before the game at the back of the Kippax the Leeds scum were up near the fences As per usual a Blue managed to line a punch through the gap and hit a Leeds fan. Dibble on the horse comes flying over and we retreat up the tunnel next to the away fans. Silly twat from GMP realises he couldn't get under the tunnel on his horse!!! So he jumps off and tries to grap the culprit on foot but can't reach cos the horse still can't get up the tunnel. So we pelt him with plastic glasses full of the shit beer they used to serve and he makes a hasty retreat pissed wet through and unable to do owt about it- Priceless happy days.
OH TO BE A NUISANCE!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.