Maine Road or Etihad

Maine Road for me however, I don’t miss the 6 foot 4 bloke who smoked a never ending cigar that always for some reason got to stand in front of me for every game!!! I do really like the Etihad though, great view from wherever you sit

I did 35 years at Maine Road and have some great memories, but the Etihad wins hands down because we made such a mess of redeveloping Maine Road.
It would have been different had some of the long term stadium plans from the 70s come to fruition but we were broke when we decided to act and the half-size Platt Lane was the last straw. The new Kippax was an impressive sight but the capacity was too low.
I was hooked the first time I went to Maine Road, but even more hooked when I first went to the Etihad. Even if it wasn't called that when we first moved in.

Think the atmosphere thing about Maine rd is a bit of a myth myself
It is, it was the same as the Etihad, brilliant when good, shite when it was bad, I remember MR being absolutely poisonous on some occasions.

Personally I've never had a better view from my current seat, and the football wasn't bad last time I was able to sit in it.

Both have memories, good and bad, so no need to make a choice, we can't go back there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.