Maine Road,

my best memory of maine road was meeting dennis tuart outside the ground and he shook my hand ! lol i was only 6 at the time.

Blu KB said:
dont think its silly to be sad at all, my parents are from withington close to the ground and i cant bare to go over that side - not been over since we moved.

same here...cant bring myself to drive past the site or even down great western...closest i came was at the 5-a-side at platt fields a couple of months ago....strange really, cos i'm working on the MRI site right next to curry mile too

My old man used to work at Cordingleys. It was the garage at the start of maine road. Used to always have car of the week on its roof. Memories of parking up there then walking to the ground. Fond fond memories

Started going to Maine Road in 76 in the Platt Lane until they moved us to the North Stand giving the whole fkn Platt Lane to away fans,shocking decision i might add.Before moving into the Kippax.Not been back since we moved too many bitter sweet memories,wish we were still there to be honest

Ahhh, Maine Road. I remember coming down the massive concrete steps at the back of the Kippax after the game and trying to stay upright in the crush. A chip barm from the City Chippy was a pre-match must (too young to booze back then) and in later years when we drove to the game we had to negotiate "dog shit alley" which ran down the side of the Kippax and Platt Lane stands!

Sitting in the North Stand when we beat Charlton 5-1, and in the same stand watching our first ever Sky TV game (was it THE first ever?) against QPR I think.

Wooden seats in the Platt Lane stand .... sitting on the metal barrier bars in the Kippax as a kid whilst a pissed up middle aged bloke stumbled about having a piss behind us (not a great memory that one) .... all comes rushing back in fits and starts when you get to thinking about it!!

bowdonblue said:
Ahhh, Maine Road. I remember coming down the massive concrete steps at the back of the Kippax after the game and trying to stay upright in the crush. A chip barm from the City Chippy was a pre-match must (too young to booze back then) and in later years when we drove to the game we had to negotiate "dog shit alley" which ran down the side of the Kippax and Platt Lane stands!

Sitting in the North Stand when we beat Charlton 5-1, and in the same stand watching our first ever Sky TV game (was it THE first ever?) against QPR I think.

Wooden seats in the Platt Lane stand .... sitting on the metal barrier bars in the Kippax as a kid whilst a pissed up middle aged bloke stumbled about having a piss behind us (not a great memory that one) .... all comes rushing back in fits and starts when you get to thinking about it!!

It was the 1st ever Monday Night live Sky game if memory serves,i was stood on the Kippax 1-1 i think the score was

i prefer the coms, i missed the "ballet on ice" because manchester was snowbound and the 25/76 bus did'nt pitch, there i was on the corner of daisy bank with me dad waiting in vain for a bus, any fucking bus. at 3 o'clock we gave up and walked home and as the score came on grandstand i was beside myself waiting for match of the day. i now live in tameside and if all else fails i can friggin walk it to city as i surely would.

best memory has to be that play-off night in 99 against wigan, the place was absolutly buzzing, add a pitch invasion and an entertaining game and you've got it all really, evening games were always special at that place, Ipswich back in 2001 was another great game, and of course Birmingham when we won 1-0 to near e nough confirm our promotion that same season , i'll never forget parking down on princess road (i think it was called) then walking/running (i was only lil lad so my dads steps = 2 of mine) down the cobbled back alleys to the ground avoiding horse mess and soggy newspapers on the way ;-)... good times ... good good times

felixbg said:
best memory has to be that play-off night in 99 against wigan, the place was absolutly buzzing, add a pitch invasion and an entertaining game and you've got it all really, evening games were always special at that place, Ipswich back in 2001 was another great game, and of course Birmingham when we won 1-0 to near e nough confirm our promotion that same season , i'll never forget parking down on princess road (i think it was called) then walking/running (i was only lil lad so my dads steps = 2 of mine) down the cobbled back alleys to the ground avoiding horse mess and soggy newspapers on the way ;-)... good times ... good good times

the atmosphere were amazin that night i remember i took a sicky that night from work, weren't missin that one, did anyone go Maine Road for the Live screening of the first leg against Wigan at Springfield park 1-1 Browny wiv the away goal? everyone were singin like we were there hahaha good times!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.