Major development / we are getting closer (merged) part 2.

blueinsa said:
Mancio said:
TBH i was thinking it was an answer : i'm alwasys happy with the manager i get , coz the manager not score nor do the saves , that is what win the games.

anyway , if you ask me about leonardo i round the question to you ; leonardo has won 15 league games out of 21 , would you be happy with a manager who won 15/21 ?

So you getting giddy at the thought of Guardiola the other day was a figment of our imagination?

guardiola is likely better (or at least more experienced) than leonardo , unfortunally it seem it was a wrong info :(

but you havent answered my question mate.... would you be happy with a manager who won 15/21 league games ?

Mancio said:
blueinsa said:
So you getting giddy at the thought of Guardiola the other day was a figment of our imagination?

guardiola is likely better (or at least more experienced) than leonardo , unfortunally it seem it was a wrong info :(

but you havent answered my question mate.... would you be happy with a manager who won 15/21 league games ?

Im sure i would yes as that sort of win ratio will most definitely lead to success.

Pity Mancini doesn't have the same record.

Swapsies? ;-)

Can we take it to PM please?

By the way, can somebody source this "Mancini was a Juve fan?" Vialli (a close friend) disagrees; said he supported his local team growing up.

Damocles said:

By the way, can somebody source this "Mancini was a Juve fan?" Vialli (a close friend) disagrees; said he supported his local team growing up.

I am sure I heard him say in an interview him and his dad would go to watch Juventus play.

eddie c 123 said:
Damocles said:

I am sure I heard him say in an interview him and his dad would go to watch Juventus play.

I've just gone back to the book and re-read this passage, and it seems that you are correct and my memory failed me, he says that he was a Juve fan because of his Dad<br /><br />-- Mon May 09, 2011 8:54 pm --<br /><br />Juve just drew with Chievo; definitely out of CL for next season and probably out of EL too.

Damocles said:
eddie c 123 said:

I've just gone back to the book and re-read this passage, and it seems that you are correct and my memory failed me, he says that he was a Juve fan because of his Dad

-- Mon May 09, 2011 8:54 pm --

Juve just drew with Chievo; definitely out of CL for next season and probably out of EL too.

They will definitely be after a new manager then...

i just find it sad that in the same week we might clinch cl football for the first time ever and win our first trophy in we all know how long - that there is so much willing speculation about the future of our manager

actually not sad, it astounds me

City Raider said:
i just find it sad that in the same week we might clinch cl football for the first time ever and win our first trophy in we all know how long - that there is so much willing speculation about the future of our manager

Couldn't agree more

City Raider said:

Great post. And it is by the same people who said after the semi win any discussions on the managers position should come at the end of the season...

All this talk of Mancini wanting to go to Juve is absurd. When will fans understand that professionals do not think like fans? Especially when they are on the verge of winning a trophy for a club for the first time in 35 years and taking them into the Champions League for the first time ever? Mancini will be City manager next season unless he is pushed.

As for a new manager being anyone other than Mourinho, that would be crazy. If Mou is not available then there is no way we should sack Mancini for anyone else!

Blueinsa good luck with the bambinos, hope they wait until Monday ;)

Apologies if already posted.........

Manchester City set to 'blow our brains out', bemoans Harry RedknappTottenham's manager heads to Eastlands seeing little way of ever again beating City to a Champions League place

Harry Redknapp did his best to sound optimistic. The Tottenham Hotspur manager made the right noises about his team being so close to a top-four finish. He even suggested that they had thrown away a golden opportunity. The door has been pushed shut by Manchester City and it will be locked tight on Tuesday evening if Tottenham fail to win at Eastlands. Redknapp said that with a few clever tweaks his club could be back again to challenge next season.

Yet the devil on his other shoulder had plenty to say, too. And the scenario that it painted felt apocalyptic for a club such as Tottenham. "I know people in the right positions [at City], who have said: 'The one thing we couldn't offer was Champions League football,'" Redknapp said. "But they tell me that they've got one or two players signed already who'll blow your brains out. They're not going to stop until they win the championship and even the Champions League.

"They don't need the money. The man from Abu Dhabi has got so much money ... I mean, it isn't like money to him, is it? City can be a real force next year. They've got a strong squad which is only going to get better because they've got unlimited funds to buy anybody they want and they can pay the wages. They've got players there now earning £200,000 a week. It's crazy. It's another world."

Redknapp's mathematics were not overly stretched when he assessed the long-term make-up of the top four. "As I've said a million times, who is going to drop out?" he said. "I don't think Manchester United or Chelsea are going to ... Arsenal have been there every year. Who is going to come out? Man City are going to spend another £200m, probably, this summer, Liverpool are going to improve, so it's very hard to get into that top four ... very, very difficult."

Do not talk to Redknapp about where it has gone wrong for Tottenham. To him it has been another richly encouraging season, underpinned by exciting football. He is fond of pointing out that Tottenham have not exactly been perennial Champions League contenders in the past.

In terms of the demise of their top-four hopes – even if Tottenham win at City, they would remain big outsiders – Redknapp has his theories. They include the mental and physical demands of the club's Champions League debut; the strikers' lack of Premier League goals; the frustration in the January transfer window and the failure to see off the teams at the foot of the table.

But Redknapp feels that the key has been the inability of Gareth Bale and Rafael van der Vaart to maintain their sparkling form from the first part of the season. Bale will now miss the final three matches with the ankle-ligament injury he suffered against Blackpool on Saturday. The damage has been confirmed as a rupture but, according to a club statement: "The player is expected to be fit for the start of pre-season." Ironically the setback may benefit Tottenham in that the big clubs circling Bale will have to maintain their holding patterns.

"We had our chances but we haven't been able to win games, we've been drawing them," Redknapp said. "That spark we had from people who were winning games for us ... Gareth and Rafa in particular ... we were relying on that. But we've lost that spark that makes the difference. I'm not blaming Gareth or Rafa, I'm just saying that they were so good.

"Gareth was the key. He was flying and, suddenly, we lost him for quite a long time [for six weeks from 22 January]. He hasn't really come back in the same form. In the last couple of months he hasn't got over the injury that he had before and it's taken a toll on him. Rafa has done great for us but, in fairness, he's tapered off after a hard season. In the main he hasn't been as good as he was early on."

Redknapp will seek to add "one or two players that can make the difference" in the summer and he added: "You don't always have to spend big money." United have proved that, he said, with the signing of Javier Hernández for about £7m before this season, while Redknapp also lauded his Bosman capture of William Gallas. There is little doubt, however, that the big bucks would help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.