Man city pubs in london?

Reading this thread highlights a few issues:

1) There are more blues in and around London than you might think (both "permanently" exiled and those temporarily in the area for work/ study etc)

2) Since Terry Neill's bar closed there doesn't appear to be a central / North London pub that has been adopted by city fans for tv games.

3) The London Branch of the OSC could do with updating its contact info.

With regard to (2) I would suggest The Three Compasses, 66 Cowcross St (very close to Farringdon tube). It has recently been taken over by new management who have only just put in Sky / ESPN so it does not have an established footie crowd yet.
I was there at the w/end for the Fulham v Arsenal game and it was not too crowded (also because Farringdon is really a Mon-Fri working district and only a few pubs open at w/end)

Does anyone have any other ideas ? Because the Herne Hill pub is too far south for me.

ps Although I didn't go to the Sekforde Arms for the Derby, I think those that did are owed an explanation by the poster that said "a room had been booked" when it clearly wasn't even open!

Scooby spot on, Blues who think they have a divne right coz only Blues live up north either [a] still live with their Mum and/or live a fukin sheltered life!! There are many an exiled Blue for sure...

anyway can someone confirm is the Sekforde arms good or not in Farringdon, Tuertsboots is up for Farringdon too apparently, the three compasses then? Looking to get there for 7? Lets take those b’stards over!!!

nip down to buck house prince phil is a blue he will have a 15 pack of carling in I saw him this morning in booze busters

Reckon we get something going for North London Blues, Herne Hill is too far away from me as I'm in Harpenden. Farringdon suits me (but not the bloody Sekforde again!!!! Think I was the subject of a wind up there......) Not overly familiar with the area but ended up in The City Pride (appropriate name) just off Clerkenwell Road and about 5 minutes from the tube, plenty of TVs, decent enough crowd and no objection to my colours, though I was the only one.......! Happy to give 3 Compasses a go though.

Will try and make it to the Half Moon tonight.

Wish I had known it was a city pub when I lived in bloody denmark hill!

just seen this post now, I started something similar on Linkedin.
The best pub in london to watch all live football is the famous 3 kings next door to Kensington tube station. I will be there tonight, usually a good amount of fellow blues too!

Lads, got a gig tonight in the Slaughtered Lamb, quite near the 3 Compasses, but not on till 10, so will pop down there! Will have a scarf with me!

To other "North London" blues: I will try and make it down 3 compasses tonight.

Longer term it depends how many people we can get turning up.
The 3 Compasses has an area at the back with sofas that i suspect can be reserved for games but I feel the pub may prove a bit "genteel" for some tastes - not sure how they would react to a good old rendition of Blue Moon.

To BlueHerts: The City Pride (great name as you say) is not a bad Plan B...it is only 3mins away from 3 compasses (other end of Turnmill St) and also has a small back room where you can reserve a table I think. This is a more established "Sports Pub" in the area and therefore gets quite crowded for Champs League / Chelsea / Arsenal / Spurs games (esp midweek)

5 out of City's next 7 games are on the box: tonight / villa (a) / wigan (a) / bham (a) / liverpool (a) so it would be great to sort out a regular place to meet up for those not going to the game.

I'm outside of London, so please pick a pub near a tube so that I don't get lost. Either that or a lovely person could be a good samaritan... Won't be going for a while though, am working nights. :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.