Man City V Barcelona Pre Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought we'd go for the same line up as vs Roma, the 2 Ferns destroyed all that night, maybe Milner is fresh and rested, and MDM is chosen for his experience of a) Messi, b) being a calming influence on Vinny,
I hope if it's not working, he changes it very, very quickly, he must have a plan B on the fly formation tweak.
Well, he's the manager! He knows best!!!!

So much negativity about the line up but for me pellegrini is damned if his does and damned if he dont.Look at it this way we go at them by the throat get a 2 goal lead and it gives us a squeak in the second leg. lets not pay them to much respect because our confidence is high and the players are fresh its 90 minute game cmmon we can do it!

After the job we did on Roma without Yaya, I can't believe we've just thrown it all out the window and just reverted to the default, but with Milner and Nando in place of Yaya and Dinho. It's baffling. Hard not to be deeply worried, it looks far too much like the team that Bayern walked around for fun in the home game last year

Have to say I'm shitting it,let's just hope we turn in one of those performances where we all praise pellegrini at full time and wonder what we were worried about in the first place....

With five or four in the mid we won't have much of the fucking ball anyway!! At least now when we do get it forward there is a better chance it will stick and we can try and pin them back!

Believe ...

goalmole said:
Rascal said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
I don't care who plays at the back but I think I speak for every City fan when I say I think we all expected and wanted 5 in the middle

No you dont speak for every City fan

I wanted 2 upfront and attack the fuckers.
Me too. I'm sick of everybody shitting themselves every time these c**ts are mentioned. We're gonna beat these fuckers tonight, I can just feel it, and if we don't then I won't be sorry.

Enthusiastically seconded/thirded. Might as well go balls out and try to get something out of this.

I understand obviously where the play it cautious/grind out something people are coming from. Sure, but this lot is going to by definition be favoured in every single call by the officiating crew. Not an agenda, I think - just the fact that few officials have the fortitude to go against the perceived star power of that lot.

So that makes it much, much, much more difficult to slice something at the margins. Why not just attack them instead and hope to overcome the 12 on 11 advantage?

Plus it looked like both Kun and Dzeko were very active on Saturday in dropping back to help out in the middle. More of that and maybe we can have it both ways tonight.

C'mon City! Smash this precious lot of diving injury-faking little fannies!

FantasyIreland said:
That line up screams two things to me....

1 - it doesn't give us the best opportunity to progress
2 - Pellegrini has left himself wide open to criticism when we lose.
WHEN we win, do you think he'll get any credit?

Damien10 said:
Badensbluemoon said:
Super2Goten said:
Like it or not, 4-4-2 is Pellegrini's formation. It's our formation, and we won the PL with it last year.

Yes this is Europe, and yes there is a great chance we will get dicked over. But it is our time to stamp our mark on the competition, our way.

Good point, the other issue is at what point you stop being afraid and start having the balls to go for them. I think today is that moment
Without your strongest team?

You mean having Fernando in midfield, (when you choose a 4 man midfield and you don't have Yaya) is a bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.