Man City V Viktoria Plzen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City Vs Viktoria Plzen Pre Match Discussion Thread

Vienna_70 said:
It occurred to me last night that this is probably the first time in my entire time of following Manchester City - nearly 44 years - that I can go into a game not worrying about the result.

Obviously, I'd like us to win, so that we're still in with a chance of topping the group, but I knowing won't get wound up if we don't beat Plzen.
I`m like you don't really care about the match tonight . We have bigger fish to fry in are next 2 home matches Swansea and Arsenal .

Even though we will probably will not win the group it would be good to beat our best points total in the Champions League. No doubts it will be a mix and match side but still strong enough to cause Plzen problems and get the 3 points.

baildon blue said:
Vienna_70 said:
It occurred to me last night that this is probably the first time in my entire time of following Manchester City - nearly 44 years - that I can go into a game not worrying about the result.

Obviously, I'd like us to win, so that we're still in with a chance of topping the group, but I knowing won't get wound up if we don't beat Plzen.
I`m like you don't really care about the match tonight . We have bigger fish to fry in are next 2 home matches Swansea and Arsenal .

Same here,it will be nice to watch them without the usual sommersaults going on in my stomach

No reason to go all in today. Let the starters rest for Swansea.

TexasBlue9 said:
No reason to go all in today. Let the starters rest for Swansea.

Well, there are 2 coefficient points and a €1million win bonus at stake. I think he'll play a weakened but not overly weak team tonight.

If Bayern somehow drop points in their earlier kick-off, I wonder if Pellegrini will be tempted to put the big guns out.

should be a walk in the park tonight tbh, maybe give a few others a run out, see no real reason to play the bug guns, plus gives them recovery time after the mauling at the weekend

Didsbury Dave said:
eversince 76 said:
No matter the results tonight, we will definitely finish 2nd. Recent homeform have probably messed around with peoples brains, but Bayern -especially when it matters- are by far the best side in the world. We are not even close to them right now. Don't let expectations run away with it due to our recent form. AT HOME !
What we should do is try and show people worldwide the game at the Etihad was a complete offday from our point of view and repair some of the damage to our status that night. But maybe we should start by beating Pilzen first. We have qualified for the first time ever in the knock-out phases of the CL, so let's not pretend we are a European force yet. Long way to go.

I believe you sell us short. We are a bunch of brilliant players making very strong and steady progress towards being a brilliant team. I don't think their players are much better than ours at all and when we become an established unit like they are I think that we can be as good as they are. Soon.
They have a much much deeper squad than we do. Our spine matches up with most teams in the world but the rest of our whole squad are replaceable. They also have eight attacking midfielders when we only have four (and that's with me including Jovetic as one). Not only that but their fringe players, bar Pizarro, are all really capable players who do a really good job of covering for players when they're out injured/suspended/rotated.

Plus their manager is on an other planet to ours.

We are light years away from that level yet.

Can anyone explain this?.......I just been on bet365,looking at odds for the game....City to win 9-0 is 400/1.........plzen to win 4-3 is 400/1......how the fuck does that work?

baildon blue said:
Vienna_70 said:

And maybe even more importantly our two away matches in four days next week.

[quoteCan anyone explain this?.......I just been on bet365,looking at odds for the game....City to win 9-0 is 400/1.........plzen to win 4-3 is 400/1......how the fuck does that work?][/quote]

If you put £1 on City to win 9-0 you will win £400

If you put £1 on Plzen to win 4-3 you will win £400

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.