man city's greatest

Yaya gets a few mentions here but if he has say, two more 20 goal seasons from midfield does he reach the top of the ladder? As someone else wrote he's had a hand in us winning all the trophies weve won in the last 4 years with crucial goals.

He can do it all, and with the way Pellegrini has incorporated him into the attacking side of things there's more to come.

Have to add the asterisk that I never saw Bell play, or Kinky other than youtube clips.

No debate really, there will only ever be one and that will never change.
I drink a drink a drink to him every weekend without fail and will do until death. The greatest inside forward the World has ever seen.

Blue Til Death said:
I drink a drink a drink to him every weekend without fail and will do until death. The greatest inside forward the WORLD has ever seen.

And if anyone has to ask who this refers to, you can ONLY be excused because of your age but it does show a lack of understanding of the club's history.

Londonblue20 said:
Blue Til Death said:
I drink a drink a drink to him every weekend without fail and will do until death. The greatest inside forward the WORLD has ever seen.

And if anyone has to ask who this refers to, you can ONLY be excused because of your age but it does show a lack of understanding of the club's history.

I'm totally in agreement Londonblue20 and Blue Til Death King Col was as complete a player as I have ever seen, just flawless he had it all skill, vision, pace, goals, inexhaustable supply of energy he destroyed defenders late in games simply because their tanks ran empty (his never did) before Martin Buchan took it so cruelly away in 75 I never forgave the rag bastard ! he took my genius away. I laughed at a poll on the web I came across the other day of Englands best ever players which posted Colin as a ridiculous 26th more like top 5 for me.

Londonblue20 said:
Blue Til Death said:

After the derby, a rag at work asked me what words we were singing to "our Cantona song". Once I'd established which song he was talking about and stopped laughing, I was able to enlighten him. He'd never heard of Lily the Pink, the Scaffold or, I suspect, Colin Bell. He's only mid-30s though so I guess he's still got a lot to learn.

urmston said:
The greatest player I've seen in a City shirt was Franny.

So many goals.

I don't listen to this shite but when i did i remember this, was it your kid?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_JVekPzUVo[/youtube]

Quicksilva21 said:
Yaya gets a few mentions here but if he has say, two more 20 goal seasons from midfield does he reach the top of the ladder? As someone else wrote he's had a hand in us winning all the trophies weve won in the last 4 years with crucial goals.

He can do it all, and with the way Pellegrini has incorporated him into the attacking side of things there's more to come.

Have to add the asterisk that I never saw Bell play, or Kinky other than youtube clips.
There are three better players in our team than him now in my opinion (Kompany Silva and Kun) and that's not to mention all the other greats from our history. Don't forget Eric Brook scored 179 goals for us.

Robbo. said:
Kompany, Don't think we have ever had a world's best player in that position playing for us. By far the best captain we have ever had in that position.
<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:40 pm --<br /><br />
Blue Til Death said:
Robbo. said:
Kompany, Don't think we have ever had a world's best player in that position playing for us. By far the best captain we have ever had in that position.

He's right up there for me too as a defender, fantastic player, he's just not Colin Bell, that's his only flaw..;-)

Interesting reading this Thread because all those that are saying Colin Bell have to be 45+ if not slightly older. I would find it hard for anyone younger than that to justify remembering him as a player when they would have been less than 5. The only reason I come with that conclusion is I am in the 40 to 45 bracket and I don't remember him playing only video clips years after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.