Manchester’s Changing Skyline

I popped that New Cross bar the other week and thought it was a great space.

Staff were super helpful & friendly & a good choice of drinks.

This was just before the new food element was introduced which take thus to another level.

Mini Mackie vibes!

Thanks for that. I will give it a try when I‘m in the New Cross area next.

Those side balconies look great. There should be more balconies.

Salboy and Domis’ Obsidian will progress following the green light from councillors to create 250 flats and almost 1,000 sq ft of commercial space on the site of a surface-level car park.

9B743360-76A8-4A16-B4D8-97B0230D0EE6.jpeg

FC6A5E15-9A94-4534-95D1-AC3595A69173.jpeg

400BC7A5-8700-4B50-B553-E406D97412FF.jpeg

A3A2EF7D-99C6-4AF7-8711-5AFF38538E0B.jpeg

Like many people I was really excited when I first read about the Castlfield Viaduct becoming a High Line/Sky Park.

When I went on it I was a little underwhelmed. TBH there wasn’t much to see, and it was rather short. The views from it across the city centre were great.

Hopefully the proposed 2nd phase will make it a bit more exciting?

Click on the link for more info and pictures.

Place North West.

National Trust is seeking funding to progress with the second phase of its £25m project to transform the Manchester city centre bridge into a sky garden.

Place North West visited the attraction as it celebrated its first birthday to hear about plans for phase two of the bridge’s transformation.

Speaking to Place, Duncan Laird, head of urban at National Trust, described a “bigger, bolder vision” for the future of Castlefield Viaduct. Designs will work in parallel to phase one and see a one-kilometre extension to the green corridor.

Laird expanded upon this, highlighting the vision for the sky garden’s extension to connect Manchester’s Deansgate Castlefield area to Salford’s Pomona Island.

Landscape architect BDP has been appointed as the lead designer for phase two

1690134277661.jpeg

Last edited:

Salboy and Domis’ Obsidian will progress following the green light from councillors to create 250 flats and almost 1,000 sq ft of commercial space on the site of a surface-level car park.

View attachment 87465

View attachment 87466

View attachment 87467

View attachment 87468

Love that building, looks very NYC, agree on the balconies too.

Starting to look really cool, a few flowers showing, I know it’s window dressing a concrete structure but it’s better than some shitty cladding.

Attachments

• EC747007-8E7E-4E30-B203-55F6758AE1B3.jpeg
    EC747007-8E7E-4E30-B203-55F6758AE1B3.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

View attachment 87465

View attachment 87466

View attachment 87467

View attachment 87468

I really like the design of this, it seems like it's something a bit different and although it'll clearly be huge, it's interesting

I really like the design of this, it seems like it's something a bit different and although it'll clearly be huge, it's interesting

Certainly looks different and adds another distinctive tower to the city centre skyline.
Love that building, looks very NYC, agree on the balconies too.

It does have the look of New York ‘midrise’ tower.

Posted 4 days ago on YouTube.

Middlewood Locks, Factory International, River Gardens

X1 Waters - Pomona Islands

The 3rd of 5 blocks.

Last edited:
Don’t know how old the picture is. Doesn’t look that old. The Blade is complete, and the glass cladding is not far from the top of Three60.

Renaker.

D9C541DC-F41E-44C4-8637-0E283C9FC4A8.jpeg

St Michael’s - Linkedin

Floors four to eight of office space at No.1 St. Michael’s will each boast an outdoor terrace, with breathtaking views of Manchester’s famous skyline.

This unique space promises to inspire businesses and create an atmosphere which promotes innovation.

2FBECC35-8A20-4382-9E10-849F9581C97A.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.