Manchester’s Changing Skyline

Not a lot of other people contribute so I could see if jrb wanted to sack it off due to lack of engagement but I just enjoy the posts to see what’s going on.

Don'y worry mate, I won't be sacking the thread. :-) Happy to keep it ticking over, regardless if other people post on it or not.

Just a little frustrated that I haven't been able to get out into the city centre more to take construction update pictures. What with other things going on in my life and the continual bad weather, the city centre monthly construction updates have gone on the back burner for now.

I normally take the monthly construction update pictures (offsite) on a Sunday when all the construction sites are closed, there are no construction workers, and no construction traffic to get in the way. It's a lot easier and safer to take pictures on a Sunday.

On the plus side, I've managed to get a ticket for a promotion event which is being held on a office block roof top terrace next week. ;-) Bar the drinks and food, I'm hoping to get some good skyline pictures. :-)

Last edited:
Wasn't having a pop at you matey, just the nonsense these clowns put out on every new job, the whole industry is propped up by the lads actually doing the job and then ten times more gobshites saying ooohh look at us and how good a job we've done.

Didn't think you were mate. Apologies if my reply came across that way. it wasn't meant to.

It's like any industry, everyone has their job to do, regardless of what that job is.

Eric Latham - Alamy

View attachment 87339

The lines are blurring between Ancoats and New Cross. Once New Cross was nothing more than numerous ghost car parks. Now it’s full of new residential towers and residential apartment blocks.
New Cross has been good for places to eat and drink for a while (Crown & Kettle, Fringe etc.)

Don'y worry mate, I won't be sacking the thread. :-) Happy to keep it ticking over, regardless if other people post on it or not.

Just a little frustrated that I haven't been able to get out into the city centre more to take construction update pictures. What with other things going on in my life and the continual bad weather, the city centre monthly construction updates have gone on the back burner for now.

I normally take the monthly construction update pictures (offsite) on a Sunday when all the construction sites are closed, there are no construction workers, and no construction traffic to get in the way. It's a lot easier and safer to take pictures on a Sunday.

On the plus side, I've managed to get a ticket for a promotion event which is being held on an office block roof top terrace next week. ;-) Bar the drinks and food, I'm hoping to get some good skyline pictures. :-)
Top man!

Is this a slight redesign JRB?

I don't know as I've not follow the developement since it was made public a long time ago. But it wouldn't surprise me if there are slight changes and modifications to the proposal. Developers and their architects often do that, as you know.

PAG are currently concentrating on the hotel and the office block. Once both of them are completed the residential tower will follow.

Simon Barlow - Linkedin

Site visit to see the excellent work being undertaken by Conlon Construction on the Grade II listed Manchester School of Art (Manchester School of Art) for The Manchester Metropolitan University – led by a highly talented and motivated site team, wonderful to see some of the craftsmanship, old and new by the sub-contractors & fabricators as well as the many historic markings to the roof structure going back to 1936!

8CCF996D-EE41-4C86-9DE8-FD63F89DF49A.jpeg

DC8AEE94-9170-4D76-AFF8-E473E1F777D3.jpeg

E6F580A2-CF4A-43D1-8F11-E3FA9EBF3195.jpeg

Cassidy + Ashton has been appointed by Manchester Metropolitan University to lead on its £10m refurbishment of Grosvenor West Building, the historic home of Manchester School of Art.​

Yes, New Cross has certainly picked up with new food and drink venues due to (mainly young) people moving into the new apartments.
I popped that New Cross bar the other week and thought it was a great space.

Staff were super helpful & friendly & a good choice of drinks.

This was just before the new food element was introduced which take thus to another level.

Mini Mackie vibes!

Reactions: jrb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.