Manchester’s Changing Skyline

Totally unrecognisable from the place I grew up in back in the 70s. The CIS building was the only real "skyscraper", until the Arndale arrived. You could actually see the illuminated CIS lights from our house in Longsight.

Though I like some of the developments, I have been working in Strangeways the last few weeks and cut through town form dilly to Vic and personaly I find the new victoria tripple set of new high rises top of miller street to be vile and a complete eyesore on the area.

They don't fit and are also ugly in design

The pictures taken from Cortland show other residential developments under construction or onsite across the city centre.

Benjamin Hall - Linkedin

Unrivalled views from Manchester’s latest BuildToRent scheme “Cortland at Colliers Yard” - LOFT.uk are excited to be furnishing 559 homes for the lucky residents who will be moving in this autumn.

The apartments, social spaces & amenities are hard to rival anywhere in the country - this is BTR at it’s finest - exquisite work from RENAKER, and another welcome addition to the ever-growing “Manc-hattan” skyline.

View attachment 88981

View attachment 88982

Apartment tour.

Three60 (distance) & Viadux.

View attachment 88983

View attachment 88984

The Railings - Middlewood Locks (in the distance, 2 blue cranes)

View attachment 88985
I love the term Manchatten, every time o go down it reminds me of New York more and more.

Though I like some of the developments, I have been working in Strangeways the last few weeks and cut through town form dilly to Vic and personaly I find the new victoria tripple set of new high rises top of miller street to be vile and a complete eyesore on the area.

8031B833-BB93-487B-93B0-C8F014CE711E.jpeg

72585847-383C-448D-BD2F-F603AA37051E.jpeg

72C7A39C-CF50-47DF-A585-F6FE6E380467.jpeg

Don't know if it's just me, but a lot of those proposed buildings that are on here as artists' impressions (not just the ones you've mentioned ug) are not pleasing on the eye.

No messing about, with planning permission recently obtained.

Pilling rig onsite.

Echo Street - Student Accommodation - 29/23/17/16/13 fl

Aztec Drones - Instagram

7B65D845-2D47-4332-B1A8-5A366421B722.jpeg

34B36A4D-6D3A-48ED-8D5E-7522EF544297.jpeg

2015F872-ED73-4B5C-8D81-A0D4A2FD9B32.jpeg

NOMA as they like to blandly rename this area is probably the most souless palce that has been redeveloped.

thank fuck new century hall has survived and angel meadow, though I expect if they could they would flog it and build tower blocks on it

I call it the Grey Quarter. Too many grey and dull looking new buildings. Thankfully there are some colourful office buildings proposed for NOMA. No1 Angel Square is a fantastic looking office building.

1691263461821.jpeg

I call it the Grey Quarter. Too many grey and dull looking new buildings. Thankfully there are some colourful office buildings proposed for NOMA. No1 Angel Square is a fantastic looking office building.

View attachment 89071

it is a fantastic and unique building and looked great next to the CIS building hoggong the areas skyline unfortunately it is being hidden and lost behind generic tower blocks built around it

Last edited:
Aztec Drones - Instagram

Plot 9 - Office - First Street - 9 fl (steel + concrete core)
Square Gardens - First Street - 45/26/22/17 fl (right)

B5E91CEE-B421-408F-8EAF-92077786FFC0.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.