Manchester’s Changing Skyline

AM Alpha - Linkedin

Always a pleasure to visit Manchester and to see Rylands - Manchester. Making good progress with already over 65 operatives on site having started the demolition works and working top down now.

View attachment 88976

View attachment 88977

View attachment 88978

View attachment 88979

View attachment 88980

Great news.

This area (and in fact the wider Piccadilly Gardens) is such a fucking eye sore.
I've no idea how the Arndale High Street/High Street in general conundrum will be solved but this must be the state of the solution.

Great news.

This area (and in fact the wider Piccadilly Gardens) is such a fucking eye sore.
I've no idea how the Arndale High Street/High Street in general conundrum will be solved but this must be the state of the solution.

Spot on mate.

Hopefully it will all come togther over the next few years? The Rylands building, 20-36 High Street, and Piccadilly Gardens.

Sadly, the arse end of the Arndale Centre and the Arndale Centre car park will always blight High Street.

On Piccadilly Gardens. Along with the overdue redevelopment and refurbishment, the name should be changed to Piccadilly Square. It's no longer a garden, and a name change from the it's past and it's
bad reputation is needed. A new Piccadilly Square is the way forward.

Last edited:
I was standing at a bus stop on the snipe the other week when the skies were blue and you could see the rolling hills of the peak district clearly.

It was a beautiful sight and had me wondering a 100 years ago I bet the view of the penines and peak district intertwined with mill chimleys as you stood on the banks of picadily basin were breathtaking.,

Shame just a little bit of the beautiful landscape all around our city cannot be left to be seen, we should be more Tokyo than Manhatten

Last edited:
Done a mini City centre construction roundup this morning before going to BOTW.

Will post the pictures on Monday

From my mobile. The other pictures are on my camera.

PXL-20230806-114831291-PANO-2.jpg

Click on the link for the video, pictures and a good article.

Take a sneak peek inside the grade two-listed Rylands Building near Manchester’s Piccadilly Gardens, which is being transformed by developer AM Alpha into a modern office, retail, and leisure complex.

AM Alpha’s vision of sleek offices, shops, and restaurants is still a way off – with main contractor Russell WBHO still at work in the soft demolition phase of the project.

Place North West was invited to take a tour of the building, where you can still find traces of its past as a Debenh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.