Manchester’s Changing Skyline

From what I've read and digested, there's so many more of these planned to go up rather soon.
@jrb - I've know SSC for years (from the Holland Hoogbouw Forums) but very rarely go on these days (time etc).

Is there a thread that points towards the twin towers approved for the GJS area (51 storeys)?
Are these Plot D? And we're still awaiting news on the Plot F site?

Manchester is blessed with so much empty land for a city of it's size, but that's also a tale of how far the city fell from grace after once being a city of high importance in the world.

Not sure you'd see a city the size of Manchester having those industrial units (seen in GJS and other areas) in many European countries (far less centralised countries).

A long way to go over the next couple of decades.

Select Property Group has completed the acquisition of a car park on Port Street from Town Centre Securities for £12.95m.

View attachment 63622

Select lodged plans for One Port Street in January and twice saw the application rejected by Manchester City Council.

However, a reduction in height from 34 to 33 storeys saw the scheme given the green light by planners in July.

Designed by SimpsonHaugh Architects, the development also features an 11-storey block. The shorter element fronts Great Ancoats Street, while the tower portion faces Port Street.

My go to car parks if I drive into Manchester.

20 minutes ago.

img]

From what I've read and digested, there's so many more of these planned to go up rather soon.
@jrb - I've know SSC for years (from the Holland Hoogbouw Forums) but very rarely go on these days (time etc).

Is there a thread that points towards the twin towers approved for the GJS area (51 storeys)?
Are these Plot D? And we're still awaiting news on the Plot F site?

Manchester is blessed with so much empty land for a city of it's size, but that's also a tale of how far the city fell from grace after once being a city of high importance in the world.

Not sure you'd see a city the size of Manchester having those industrial units (seen in GJS and other areas) in many European countries (far less centralised countries).

A long way to go over the next couple of decades.

I just browse SSC-MCR now.

Plot D thread.

Plot F thread.

Union Living - 32 stories - St John's/Enterprise City

The other Union Living tower - 36 stories, is also under construction, next to the 32 story tower.

In the distance in-between 1 Regent tower and Wilburn Basin, Renaker are onsite at Trinity Island.

PXL-20221217-112031223-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20221217-110717520-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20221217-110757235-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20221217-110828613-MP-2.jpg

Trinity-Islands-Manchester-Renaker-p.SimpsonHaugh-1-1-1.jpg

St Michael's - Office - 11 stories (crane)

40 storey tower to follow (Domis construction)

3 Cranes - East Village (in the distance, far right)

PXL-20221217-110638179-MP-2.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.