Manchester’s Changing Skyline

NOMA district model. :-)

Martin Markland - Linkedin

A really interesting and extremely well organised site inspection this morning. I was visiting a rapidly developing area of Manchester City Centre called 'NOMA'. No, I am not talking about a local version of the three-Michelin-star restaurant in Copenhagen, Denmark. Instead, I am referring to a 20 acre masterplanned mixed use development which sits approx. 300 metres to the north of the Arndale Shopping Centre.

A group of us arrived here early this morning for a walk around the latest 190,000 sq.ft. 11-storey office building known as 4 Angel Square. It completes in April 2023 and will tick pretty much every ESG tick box imaginable. Thank you to our hosts MEPC/Federated Hermes, their letting agents colliers international , jll and the main contractor, Bowmer & Kirkland. I do like that pavillion by the way!

View attachment 63477

View attachment 63478

View attachment 63479
Noma 2 and 3 will be out to market soon too, similar size / specs to 4.

Reactions: jrb
Futureserv Consulting Engineers - Linkedin

The evolution of East Tower, Manchester.

Captured by Manchester based, Senior Electrical Engineer, Josh Shaw. We are proud to present the progression of the first of two high-rise, mixed-use developments on the former site of the television studio complex, Granada studios.

Constructed by Renaker, the build forms part of Manchester’s new Tech, Media and Creative cluster to be known as Enterprise City and Futureserv are thrilled to be involved.

Once complete, the high rise will tower at 32 stories tall and make a great addition to the Manchester City skyline.

Works on the West Tower, 36 stories, have now commenced and we are excited to see the finished product of both East & West!

9AEA8F43-6819-4ED5-A474-166D2312C20A.jpeg

9BE0120A-AC4A-44FF-9BA2-C719C8D8B79D.jpeg

Demolition of Event City - Trafford City is well underway. Pretty much at the front of the building with the rest of the building demolished.

PXL-20221213-134352652-MP-2.jpg

Therme Manchester will replace it.

0-DJ-MEN-060820-Therme-01.jpg

That's a brilliant clip. Staggering how the city has changed so dramatically in, what, 20 years or so? It's not the same city I grew up in back in the 60s-70s-early 80s. Back then, the CIS tower was (IIRC) the tallest building in the City. Now (if it's still standing), it'll be dwarfed by the new towers shooting up all around the city centre.

Select Property Group has completed the acquisition of a car park on Port Street from Town Centre Securities for £12.95m.

89FA84E8-78A8-436A-8AA2-5E5823738373.jpeg

Select lodged plans for One Port Street in January and twice saw the application rejected by Manchester City Council.

However, a reduction in height from 34 to 33 storeys saw the scheme given the green light by planners in July.

Designed by SimpsonHaugh Architects, the development also features an 11-storey block. The shorter element fronts Great Ancoats Street, while the tower portion faces Port Street.

£13m, for a car park? Wow. And yes, I realise it's not the car park the buyers are acquiring, it's the land and the location. Makes me smile that one storey is the difference between planning approval and rejection. What's the difference in height going to be; 20-30 ft?

VDB is pretty spot on with his work.

Yes, it‘s Renaker‘s, Trinity Islands, 60 storey tower. The other tower next to it is 55 stories.

Renaker have been onsite prepping it for a while.

I’m off for a week after Christmas, so I’ll take some up to date pictures of the site.

There have been a couple things in error here and there, that I had seen. Although I think it was down to the sources quoted getting it wrong, from memory. With the volume posted though likely to happen at times.

You both seem to keep the place going there, plenty of content constantly updated. I enjoy seeing it, and like that there is a version of it going on on here now too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.