Manchester’s Changing Skyline

Yes.

You can see the Bonded Warehouse at the back of the tour entrance in the picture.

Granada_Studios.jpg
They had a "cinema of the future" in there....the seats/chairs mechanically moved in tune with what was happening on screen ...quite violently some. Was amazing.

Gotta love Manchester.

I was driving down Rochdale Road on Saturday morning from Blackley towards town on my way to The Fort and the skyline is like New York now.

Not my best set of pictures quality wise ever (arrgh!), but they'll have to do.

Pavilion Wharf - Residential - 17 stories - Derwent Street - Salford

DSC03218.jpg

DSC03221.jpg

DSC03222.jpg

DSC03224.jpg

Back of the Albert Shed

Shipyard - Food Hall (proposal) - 2 stories - Water Street - St John's/Enterprise City

Shipyard-Allied-London-p.planning-doc.jpg

DSC03136.jpg

DSC03138.jpg

DSC03139.jpg

The living wall is going on.

Eden - Office - 15 stories - Nee Bailey - Salford

DSC03122.jpg

DSC03123.jpg

DSC03124.jpg

DSC03133.jpg

DSC03134.jpg

DSC03135.jpg

The buildings/warehouses on part of the phase 3 site are all probably demolished now. Pictures taken last Sunday

Phase 3 & Plot D - Great Jackson Street - City Centre

image-asset.png

Screenshot-2023-01-30-at-20-28-08.png

DSC03307.jpg

iomg]

DSC03317.jpg

Last edited:
The buildings/warehouses on part of the phase 3 site are all probably demolished now. Pictures taken last Sunday

Phase 3 & Plot D - Great Jackson Street - City Centre

image-asset.png

Screenshot-2023-01-30-at-20-28-08.png

DSC03307.jpg

iomg]

Jrb what’s your opinion on the next 5 blocks in Great Jackson?

If there's one thing I hate more than litter, t's graffiti and tagging. You utter cunts!

Factory International is going to get plastered with it when it opens.

DSC03146.jpg

DSC03149.jpg

DSC03154.jpg
I absolutely despise graffiti n’all mate.

It’s fucking EVERYWHERE in the city centre these days. Spoils the look of everything.

Although it seems like the city is absolutely exploding with construction (and it is) it's really only becoming the place it should have been all those years ago before it fell from grace post war.

It's a struggle in this over centralised nation and you can see by the vast swathes of land centrally just how little Manchester expanded.

There are still issues over the cleanliness of some of the streets and some awful areas around Piccadilly Gardens, lower Oldham Street and High Street/Arndale but other than that it's nowhere near as bad (for grime) as some make out. Although this absolutely needs sorting out.
The NQ is such a vibrant area, but again it's far more tatty than it should be.

The new Albert Square wouldn't look out of place in any major world city. We've a lot to be proud of here, but need to have an eye on the micro details in order for it be a much better experience for dwellers and visitors alike.

Still a travesty Picc Gardens was built on. I was in London mid week and the amount of that type of open space there is incredible. One of the biggest con jobs the council played for sure.

Jrb what’s your opinion on the next 5 blocks in Great Jackson?

Not swerving the question mate, but its hard to tell.

Renaker's initial CGI's are notorious for their lack of detail ;-), which isn't a bad thing, as the towers always look and turn out much better in real life. Take that as a compliment. I'd have to see mockups of cladding to get a real sense of what the finished towers will look like. Put it this way, non of the Great Jackson Street towers have disappointed me so far. I don't mind boxed towers as a rule. I prefer a skyline of boxed towers to a skyline of different shaped towers. The City of London skyline being a prime example of different shaped towers. I prefer the boxed shaped Canary Wharf skyline. That's not to say I haven't welcomed the addition of the Blade and Three60. They look great. I Would of liked a bit more height variation across the 4 towers on Phase 3, 47-51 stories. I'd have liked the Light House, 213 metres, to be taller. It's only 12 metres taller than the South tower. A few more metres/stories would have set it apart even more from the South tower. That's not a complaint, it's just my personal opinion. The street level/scape looks really good.(brick!) Similar to the Colliers Yard at Greengate.(CGI's below) Overall I'm happy with what's proposed. Looking forward to photographing the construction of the towers over the next 5-10 years. :-)

380-CAM-02-C-e-scaled-e1647865736439.jpg

380-CAM-04-D-LANDSCAPE-e-scaled.jpg

Updated Great Jackson Street Masterplan.

GJS-EMERGING+MASTER+PLAN-21.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.