Manchester’s Changing Skyline

A real marmite building.

Love it or hate it, it's certainly different, depending on your point of view.

I don't dislike it, but it's..., erm....

If people can see past the outside, I appreciate that shouldn't be the point of the building, I think people will be blown away by the inside of the building.

Factory International.

The truck lift on the side of the blob/pissed Space Invader isn't being clad. It was supposed to be clad. The exterior will remain concrete.(taggers delight)

DSC03143.jpg

DSC03144.jpg

DSC03147.jpg

DSC03148.jpg

DSC03151.jpg

DSC03153.jpg

More changes during construction. Looks like a window is being added? It had been fully clad.

DSC03240.jpg

DSC03241.jpg

DSC03242.jpg

DSC03263.jpg

DSC03254.jpg

DSC03257.jpg

Last edited:
Trinity Island (phase 1) - Residential - 60/55 stories - Trinity Way - Salford

sh4.jpg

sh3.jpg

sh2.jpg

sh1.jpg

DSC03204.jpg

DSC03205.jpg

DSC03206.jpg

DSC03207.jpg

DSC03209.jpg

DSC03213.jpg

DSC03211.jpg

DSC03208.jpg

DSC03210.jpg

DSC03212.jpg

I absolutely despise graffiti n’all mate.

It’s fucking EVERYWHERE in the city centre these days. Spoils the look of everything.
The cunts would face summary execution if it was down to me. back in the real world surely in the 21st century someone could come up with some chemical solution to treat buildings with so that graffiti could be easily wiped off.

What's not to like about the Manchester construction boom, jobs employment, the vast majority of new builds being built on car parks, brownfield sites, nobody is being pushed out for regentrification, fuck off the London Guardian newspaper sniping at a city for having the temerity to rise above it's station. New buildings housing young talented uni graduates boosting the city's burgeoning tech sector. And a big screw you to the Simpson Haugh critics, i think their buildings look great.

manchester_skyline - Instagram

As much as I’ve tried to like the Tree House Hotel proposal or at least try and be enthusiastic about the Tree House Hotel proposal, I can’t be. It’s f*cking shit!

PAG(Property Alliance Group) had a once in a lifetime opportunity to demolish all the buildings, to create a blank canvas, and to create a world class mixed-use proposal in the heart of the city centre next to the retail core. Instead they decided to keep The Renaissance Hotel building and to redevelop it into a gimmick Tree House Hotel.(see the CGI below)

I hope PAG at least reclad the exterior of the building, which I doubt they will, or give it a clean. Sticking a few vine leaves, a hut, birds, etc. (Lol!) and painting tree trunks on the exterior of the building isn’t going to change it’s dirty and awful appearance.

A2363F74-FB19-4D35-8938-0FF1709B7D14.jpeg

2134CDDB-D9B6-4A3A-8B6D-45CD2DB3264D.jpeg

2B965FD0-8E70-4164-9FD4-D5F5DA89C7B6.jpeg

71A78F9D-653E-4FDF-93E0-82BFAEB4E84B.jpeg

AB7FA57A-8F23-4505-9DF8-0D56492F9F3F.jpeg

Last edited:
manchester_skyline - Instagram

As much as I’ve tried to like the Tree House Hotel proposal or at least try and be enthusiastic about the Tree House Hotel proposal, I can’t be. It’s f*cking shit!

PAG(Property Alliance Group) had a once in a lifetime opportunity to demolish all the buildings, to create a blank canvas, and to create a World class proposal in the heart of the city centre, next to the retail core. Instead they decided to keep The Renaissance Hotel building and to redevelop it into a gimmick Tree House Hotel.(see the CGI below)

I hope PAG at least reclad the exterior of the building, which I doubt they will, or at least give it a clean. Sticking a few vine leaves, a hut, birds, etc. (Lol!) and painting tree trunks on the exterior of the building isn’t going to change it’s dirty and awful appearance.

View attachment 69807

View attachment 69808

View attachment 69809

View attachment 69810

View attachment 69811
Yeah that isn’t good news. You can tart it up with as many green panels as you want and clean the windows… but the building will still be shit.

Bet the people in #1 Deansgate are gutted.

You ever know, they night end up doing a good job?!

Yeah that isn’t good news. You can tart it up with as many green panels as you want and clean the windows… but the building will still be shit.

Bet the people in #1 Deansgate are gutted.

You ever know, they night end up doing a good job?!

I have to add.

There will be a new office block fronting Deansgate. And a new residential tower at the end of Deansgate where the ‘Welcome To Manchester’ banner was. :-) Both buildings do look good and will hopefully take the eye away from the Tree House Hotel?

Premier House was only going to be partly demolished, but the remaining concrete levels didn’t fit into the new office design, so they were demolished as well.

78EF2F4D-5195-42B8-A2BD-DC450481EE1A.jpeg

DCE764FE-99D0-4F80-AAC5-0F00DCBD4985.jpeg

F9B01D06-9BF7-4B9D-91DE-CF5FEB62F60C.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.