Manchester’s Changing Skyline

Click on the link for the full PNW article and more future skyline CGI's.

Place North West

Planning tech company VU.CITY shows how city and town skylines will look in the years to come through a series of videos.

Development in the fast-evolving city is often hard to keep pace with, let alone visualise. VU.CITY has risen to the challenge.

The company’s 10-20 second fly-through videos depict the projects emerging in various districts. They are colour-coded, to show existing, recently completed buildings, consented schemes, and those under construction.

In doing so, they give a picture of Greater Manchester’s changing skylines and show the immense scale of development currently underway in the city.

VuCity-Manchester-thumbnail-c-VuCity-650x365~2.jpg

Looking up isn't the issue, looks impressive, certainly at night.

What can be seen at street level remains the issue.

Boarded up shops, dirty streets, vaping and charity shops, scrotes continuing to mill around the gardens with zero accountability.

Smoke and mirrors.

There are definitely strange goings on in Manchester

The very center of the City from what i’d say is a triangle between Revs De cuba on Deansgate/Peter St to Piccadilly Station to Shambles Square is very tired and grubby and not a nice place to be.

But you walk around NQ, Ancoats, Castlefield even over the border aroind Chapel St it’s much nicer shops, apartments bars and generally a better crowd of people and definitely much tidier.

Is that a reflection of the country as much as Manchester though ?

More a sense of warped priorities?

Burnham and MCC are quite happy to champion the skyline, while turning a blinder eye to things at eye level which have been a problem for far longer than a country in present downturn.

If I can equate it to the Metrolink, it is championed by the council when we know it is incapable of delivering for purpose.

Update on the Manchester Town Hall redevelopment.

I don’t think there isn’t anyone who doesn’t love Manchester Town Hall.

It’s going to look amazing once the redevelopment is completed and it’s reopened to the general public. :-)

It was the tallest building in Britain when it was built.
I remember being driven past it in 1965 on our way to watch Altrincham play at Rochdale in the FA Cup, and my father telling us it was the tallest building in Europe. He was an architect, so I assume he was correct.

It was a wasted day, other than that. The game was called off due to a frozen pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.