Manchester’s Changing Skyline

Visited the Factory International (sorry...Aviva Studios) today.

I've not been round that part of the city in ages but what an incredible transformation,

I know the building itself is getting mixed reviews (externally, I'm not too sure, and the underpass and internal foyer space is something else I'm not convinced with at the moment) but the space itself is very impressive. There's some serious kit in there and I think this is where it will really shine when it's complete and the big productions kick in.

Was speaking to someone working at the festival and she was excited about it.
Danny Boyle is planning a production to officially open later in the year (based on the Matrix I believe).

Cannot be less impressed than all the development going up around it too and the setting next to the Ordsall chord is just great.
Plenty of negative chatter about the look of Factory. Just like the negative chatter about the look of the Coop Live Arena. I've always been of the opinion of what takes place inside a cultural arts building matters more than it's appearance. Home being a prime example. It's a great success. Hoping to visit Factory next week. Good to read your positive thoughts on Factory, mate.

Visited the Factory International (sorry...Aviva Studios) today.

I've not been round that part of the city in ages but what an incredible transformation,

I know the building itself is getting mixed reviews (externally, I'm not too sure, and the underpass and internal foyer space is something else I'm not convinced with at the moment) but the space itself is very impressive. There's some serious kit in there and I think this is where it will really shine when it's complete and the big productions kick in.

Was speaking to someone working at the festival and she was excited about it.
Danny Boyle is planning a production to officially open later in the year (based on the Matrix I believe).

Cannot be less impressed than all the development going up around it too and the setting next to the Ordsall chord is just great.

I went to see "You, Me & The Balloons" at the Factory International/ Aviva Studios warehouse this afternoon. I appreciate the building isn't complete but it's already a really impressive space.
I can definitely see the potential of the building in terms of industrial size artworks and live cultural events.
The current exhibition is well worth checking out, and finished off my visit with a delicious ice cream from the "Ginger's Comfort Emporium'" ice cream van whilst relaxing on an Irwell-side picnic bench.
There's also some self service beer taps for those wanting something a little stronger.
Can definitely see the location becoming a popular all year round destination.

The St Michael’s website has been updated and features a brand new flythrough video that starts as soon as you click on the link. The updated website includes new CGI’s and additional information about the office block and the residential/hotel tower. The first 2 CGI’s are from the flythrough video, hence looking slightly blurred.

506D22F0-9CBB-4ABA-B742-C048D048F63E.jpeg

F837699D-83C6-4CFC-90ED-AB8C3E69BEE2.jpeg

259AC361-C27C-4D40-9116-01C3D529F720.jpeg

Click on the Wake Up to Money audio link below, where Neville discusses the St Michael’s proposal.

Former footballer Gary Neville has talked about lessons he learned as he unveiled more details of his £400m development in Manchester city centre.

The St Michael's scheme includes a five-star hotel and luxury flats.
The ex-Manchester United star revised the original plans for the scheme after a backlash from conservationists.

He admitted the idea to knock down a pub and the front of the Bootle Street police station was a "huge mistake" but said the project was now back on track.

Iconic is a Word banded about far to often in the property development and building industry. But I think it’s fair to say Therme Manchester could be iconic? New CGI’s from the planning application. Link to the planning application below if anyone wants to have a look. Go straight to the D&AS’s.

8EB6E7B9-544F-41A7-A8B6-35AB91757818.jpeg

92EE6FF5-686C-4BF0-B81D-7D9ABE579DAA.jpeg

1290B4B5-C2F9-441C-AB68-80282738D8C5.jpeg

C3C62921-2465-4A7D-B6DE-8F18E4298EA4.jpeg

B103FA37-6F38-4FE6-9702-8DA85B065B23.jpeg

B62616C2-31E1-41E4-A0D2-4307C8943240.jpeg

20EE63E8-BF37-48E1-AF4F-76944D49A3BB.jpeg
F064B10E-79D3-46AD-99A8-AC2B98322464.jpeg

666A8BAC-28CF-4703-B9B4-2ECB7A802BCE.jpeg

5DE8D366-2B25-46AE-B19C-CE76735D1239.jpeg

111318/FUL/23 | Development of a Wellbeing Resort including logistics hub, vehicular and pedestrian accesses, multi-storey car parking, hard and soft landscaping, public realm and associated infrastructure and engineering works and other ancillary development including removal of residual slab. | Site Of Former Eventcity Barton Dock Road Trafford Park Manchester M41 7TB

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.