Manchester’s Changing Skyline

No3 - Circle Square.

PXL-20240330-102817029-MP-2.jpg

IQ - Echo Street

PXL-20240330-102755819-MP2.jpg

East Village

PXL-20240330-102719230-MP-2.jpg

Got some skyline pictures of the city centre from the Etihad this morning after helping with the streamers that are being thrown as the players come out. I'll post the pictures tomorrow.

Going to distract myself from the post match ambivalence.

That is a very good photo! On the north stand thread I commented a couple times that the externals lend themselves well to unitised installation, and that I could see them building it that way, avoiding scaffolding etc. This photo shows it pretty well in action.

You can see where the joints and hooks are, each unit is made of the solid/perforated panel coupled with the glazed panel and top and bottom panels. The big crane will lift it to the building, the smaller crane would take over and guide it into place, guys will then attach it to each level internally to partly cast-in fixings. The precision of it is as impressive as its speed. Each of those units will likely weigh 150-200kg.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly how they build the office and hotel at rhe borth stand. With the sail segments already attached.

Few people hate how it will look. No problem with it personally, as long as it doesn't go back to smog and chimneys.

8f2fd533f4f3d2b65e6d38a82faeae7d.jpg

e04259552ee5a77f55e170f04475079b.jpg

A matter of opinion and of taste of course, but I’m more in favour of the North American looking skyline made up of mostly boxy towers that Manchester has got and is getting, over an oddly shaped City of London skyline and Dubai skyline with towers of different shapes.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.