Manchester City Developments Limited

skybluekings said:
julio jordio said:
The club are currenly building a property portfolio in order to protect their future interests. Theres a lot going on!

Maybe I can learn something from this, how does a property portfolio help?

I'm no expert myself mate to be honest.

Our recent purchase of the Harrow site, means it is advantageous to control the adjoining land (36 acres) to protect our interests.

I believe many more purchases are being discussed. We're such a well-run club now throughout, all options are being considered in all areas of business.

julio jordio said:
skybluekings said:
Maybe I can learn something from this, how does a property portfolio help?

Our recent purchase of the Harrow site, means it is advantageous to control the adjoining land (36 acres) to protect our interests.

I believe many more purchases are being discussed. We're such a well-run club now throughout, all options are being considered in all areas of business.

I think I got it. Thanks.

What you're saying then is by buying up the surrounding land gives us a greater position to buy/protect new or existing property.

skybluekings said:
julio jordio said:

What you're saying then is by buying up the surrounding land gives us a greater position to buy/protect new or existing property.

Yeah, pretty much. Either that or we're just buying everything 'just in case' and to ensure that nobody else gains too much control and uses it against us in the future!

julio jordio said:
skybluekings said:

Yeah, pretty much. Either that or we're just buying everything 'just in case' and to ensure that nobody else gains too much control and uses it against us in the future!

Makes sense. Thanks Julio. I learned something new today :)

At the entrance to COMS, the one near the Merc garage, on the right hand side near the new building there are signs on he perimeter fence I'm think they say Manchester City Developments, I could be wrong though. I saw them while driving past last week.

skybluekings said:
How long does it take to build a stadium? Does it look feasible that construction starts at the end of this season and building open next season? I don't think so, but I don't know much about these things either. I've seen house built in a week so what do I know :)

coms was designed to be easily extended. apparently the roof is only held by a concrete ridge at the top of the walls (the big steel wire things are there because the roof is not screwed down so without them it would just collapse into the fans =S). the maximum it can be extended is to 65 thousand. if we want it bigger than that we will need to build a new stadium =D

It would be possible to expand the stadium, and is not as tough a job as many would think. On the stadium tour they say that an expansion would be possible without much disruption. A new stadium wouldn't be rejected by the city council if we provided enough other incentives for them to grant planning permission. Section106 agreements are a legal obligation a local authority can force a developer to sign as a legal contract to provide certain things with a development, for example; affordable housing, good public transport links, services and facilities such as supermarkets and so on. ADUG are at the forefront of property development and will be aware of sustainable development targets and housing targets etc that the government requires local authorities to provide. It may be a case of any new stadium being given planning permission in exchange for vast redevelopment of the surrounding area. ADUG could easily do this and may make an offer that Manchester City Council just couldn't refuse.

I think for now though, it is likely to be a company that redevelops the land around the CoMS, but I'm sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes planning over these 9years left of the 10year plan. Exciting times!
!

Just for the doubters...

Manchester City Developments Limited registered address is SportCity M11 3FF

Directors
Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak
Garry Cook

There.

The Hallco name is an off the shelf company set up by the firm of solicitors, Halliwells.

Sam Eto's P45 said:
At the entrance to COMS, the one near the Merc garage, on the right hand side near the new building there are signs on he perimeter fence I'm think they say Manchester City Developments, I could be wrong though. I saw them while driving past last week.

Close. They read "City Build - Manchester". That's the construction company who built the new office complex and a few other bits around the stadium, Carrington and Platt Lane. I think the name is just a coincidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.