Manchester City Developments Limited

Regarding this new limit on spending rule that Platini and (lol) Chelsea have enforced.

1) Do they really not see how this just makes the rich teams richer and the poor teams poorer? Big teams allready make alot and can with this rule spend more, the clubs with champ. league will now have an even bigger advantage as lower teams cant compensate with sugar-daddies. Clubs with huge stadiums will automaticly make more money that the lower clubs now cannot compete with. This rule seems made to further sement the rich clubs positions, if they were after a fair rule they should have had a hardcap on salaries (or expenses) that is alike for all teams. Like in the NBA, no team can spend more than 1billion on salaries, same for all teams, giving everyone the same playingfield.

2) With this current rule, will our owners (and other owners for that matter) still be able to inject as much money as they want, they just have to do it through a third-party? Ok, so we cannot spend more than we make... wow, we just signed a new 300million sponsorship deal with ETIHAD... guess our books look pretty good all of the sudden...:-)

Would love some opinions on this as this new FIFA rule has baffled me with its unfairness towards smaller clubs and the seemingly easy way to work around it. Does'nt a salary cap seem more likely to stop the endless growth in expenses?

Don't really see why any stadium redevelopement would need to cause a whole stand to be shut down, much more likely some of us would have to sit in the rain for a few months.

I would think this is much more likely to be development of the other site across from Asda, and the development of the land around the stadium. I'm sure that ADUG will want to develop the existing land into hotel/leisure/housing, and I really can't see them getting permission for another new stadium from the council. Its perhaps a bargaining chip in trying to buy out the council, that they might submit plans for a new stadium, but I'd seriously doubt they ever intend to.

In any case we rarely fill the one we have, and while we may start doing so soon if we start winning things, its more likely they would increase prices to increase revenue, as tickets become harder to get. An increase in capacity can be achieved with clever use of how any extension is built.

The club is split into many smaller companies and charities all of whom submit there own accounts as seperate subsidaries of the main company.

This is most likely just the club getting to use the name it wants as a banner for the currently names Development Association - lotteries, cashmaker, junior blues etc.

excellent work Rammy on such an important topic, i came across this also.......

City consider all change at Eastlands
September 24, 2009

SHEIKH Mansour has completed his 100 per cent buy-out of Manchester City... and now the focus is on the multi-million pound re-development of Eastlands.

M.E.N. Sport has established that hush-hush talks between the club's top brass and the town hall stadium lease holders are at an advanced stage.

The extensive talks have covered such topics as increasing the 47,000 capacity of the ground and the naming rights of the City of Manchester Stadium.

They are considered as being of low priority for the immediate future but top of the agenda is the prospect of re-developing land close to the stadium as a huge state-of-the-art club training facility that with the club's wealth would be the best such facility in the Premier League.

A switch of training facilities to East Manchester would put a huge question mark over City's recently upgraded Carrington complex – bought 10 years ago under Joe Royle's regime for £500,000 from the University of Manchester – and the Platt Lane training centre in Moss Side.

The town hall are determined that the community will benefit from the prospect of City's huge expansion of Sportcity with one idea being the provision of artificial pitches for public use.

City owner Sheikh Mansour and his Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment now own the entire club after gaining control of the final 10 per cent from disgraced former Thailand Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

“As a result of the transaction, Manchester City is now 100% owned by his highness Sheikh Mansour,” said a club statement.

The Sheikh has already invested huge sums in the club, sanctioning a British record £32.5m capture of Robinho on the day of his buy-out and spending in excess of £120m on new players this summer.

I heard we're going to buy back the land at Maine Road and rebuild that stadium exactly how it was. No, I didn't hear that at all actually, I just wanted something to fo whilst the mrs puts my tin hat on in preparation for the following:

I don't like COMS, I never have done. Ok its a bit more original than all the other new stadiums over the last 15 years, the riverside, pride park, madesjki et al, however other than the way the roof is held on, it is just another block of concrete. The Emirates.... now there is a stadium which someone took the time to think about its design. I don't believe for one second that our owners look at our stadium and think 'this is nice'. I do infact believe they want, just like the team, the best there is and with the money they have, I think they are at advanced stages of doing just that. I think in 5 years time we will have the best looking stadium in world football and I think that British Athletics will have what they always wanted, a COMS turned back into an athletics arena as it was for the games. Where our stadium will be I don't know, but I honestly believe that in 5 years time we will not be playing at COMS. Just my opinion.

Pigeonho said:
I heard we're going to buy back the land at Maine Road and rebuild that stadium exactly how it was. No, I didn't hear that at all actually, I just wanted something to fo whilst the mrs puts my tin hat on in preparation for the following:

I don't like COMS, I never have done. Ok its a bit more original than all the other new stadiums over the last 15 years, the riverside, pride park, madesjki et al, however other than the way the roof is held on, it is just another block of concrete. The Emirates.... now there is a stadium which someone took the time to think about its design. I don't believe for one second that our owners look at our stadium and think 'this is nice'. I do infact believe they want, just like the team, the best there is and with the money they have, I think they are at advanced stages of doing just that. I think in 5 years time we will have the best looking stadium in world football and I think that British Athletics will have what they always wanted, a COMS turned back into an athletics arena as it was for the games. Where our stadium will be I don't know, but I honestly believe that in 5 years time we will not be playing at COMS. Just my opinion.
Whilst I agree COMS is extremely bland and doesn't exactly set the pulse racing, I don't see how it would be possible to re-convert it back into an athletics stadium. The bottom tiers would have to be re-buried to create room for a track and at least one of the ends would have do be dragged back. I can't see that ever happening.

I'm sure our owners would love to have the best stadium in the world and it's true that they'll never get that from COMS, no matter what they do with it. But other than leaving COMS completely and seeing it turn into a great big white elephant, I don't see what they can do. Plus, any new stadium would need planning permission from the council. Are they really going to grant that if it means us walking away from COMS?

Dubai Blue said:
Pigeonho said:

Whilst I agree COMS is extremely bland and doesn't exactly set the pulse racing, I don't see how it would be possible to re-convert it back into an athletics stadium. The bottom tiers would have to be re-buried to create room for a track and at least one of the ends would have do be dragged back. I can't see that ever happening.

I'm sure our owners would love to have the best stadium in the world and it's true that they'll never get that from COMS, no matter what they do with it. But other than leaving COMS completely and seeing it turn into a great big white elephant, I don't see what they can do. Plus, any new stadium would need planning permission from the council. Are they really going to grant that if it means us walking away from COMS?

Imagine if we ground-shared with the scum whilst they demolish/rebuild ours?!!! Failing that we could clear the aisles in asda and play there?!

Pigeonho said:
Dubai Blue said:

Imagine if we ground-shared with the scum whilst they demolish/rebuild ours?!!! Failing that we could clear the aisles in asda and play there?!
I hope that first bit was a joke!

HAHAH, yeah course it was!

If redeveloping COMS was the only option, I wonder how they'd do it though? Perhaps a united style approach where they build one stand at a time, however we'd do it so all out stands match? I want a big, glass facia bastard with City references all over it. I like that Allianz Arena in Munchen. Imagine that? Ours would light up blue though and when we score it would light up blue and white so those unfortunate not to see the match know we've scored! Yes i'm hungover and yes i'm using my brain as much as a 5 year old child does!

cleavers said:
Don't really see why any stadium redevelopement would need to cause a whole stand to be shut down, much more likely some of us would have to sit in the rain for a few months.

I would think this is much more likely to be development of the other site across from Asda, and the development of the land around the stadium. I'm sure that ADUG will want to develop the existing land into hotel/leisure/housing, and I really can't see them getting permission for another new stadium from the council. Its perhaps a bargaining chip in trying to buy out the council, that they might submit plans for a new stadium, but I'd seriously doubt they ever intend to.

In any case we rarely fill the one we have, and while we may start doing so soon if we start winning things, its more likely they would increase prices to increase revenue, as tickets become harder to get. An increase in capacity can be achieved with clever use of how any extension is built.

I think siting in the rain for a more than a few months, the problem is the roof design, it would be difficult to remove one segment as it is a mono structure and the support structure is all external to the bowl thus making it difficult to construct around and above

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.