Manchester City - Premier League Champions 2022/23

Appalling again by the BBC on motd and same as the article in line I commented on deliberately trying to tarnish and dilute our achievements.
Consequently provokes multiple idiots slagging us off as cheats. I wish we could do more to prevent this negative propaganda.
The thing that gets me is these are charges. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Then there is the number, which is a wrong number due to multiple duplications, repeated again and again. Then there is the gravity of the charges which to all intends and purposes mount to nothing like the punishments being feted about. Finally there is the obvious attempts by mainstream and non-mainstream media to undermine our achievements on this day of all days.

Think he’s only messing mate. That’s never happening, and I think even I’d get a little bored if it did! Unlike what we’re seeing in the Bundesliga right now with Bayern winning 10 in a row, no team in English football history has ever won more than 3 on the bounce. It’s entirely possible that we make it 4 in a row next season but beyond that, even a Guardiola managed City has the odd off season. Also, when we’re looking at replacing outgoing players if we don’t get someone in who’s the right fit, the club are prepared to wait a season if it means the team might regress a bit. This happened in 2019 when Kompany left and we played Fernandinho as a makeshift CB in 2019-20. Liverpool won the league at a canter and we didn’t replace Kompany until the following season when we signed Dias.

Fair point - but given the state of the opposition ( Man U are still going through Glazer issues, Chelsea are a bit shambolic, Liverpool need to spend big, Spurs are well Spursey, Newcastle have a way to go and we are still developing, who honestly can take you on next season?)

If Pep stays after winning the treble (a likely slam dunk) who can realistically challenge you?

I wasn’t being wholly serious - I’ve had a season ticket for 35 years (before football became fashionable) and from a very early age ( standing in the boy’s enclosure) I turned up to pay at the turnstile.

For you old blokes, George Eastham was our captain back then.

I don’t believe there is a MSM conspiracy against you. Actually the press are pretty complimentary about your supremacy.

There’s a few in the MSM but in the whole they are really complimentary, especially this week. What you see is the best & worst of it & unfortunately knocking us & deliberately using twisted logic works for those. It certainly seems to the click baiters rather than the football experts that are the worst.

Good on you, keep supporting through thick & thin, we’re fucked once this genius goes.

Fair point - but given the state of the opposition ( Man U are still going through Glazer issues, Chelsea are a bit shambolic, Liverpool need to spend big, Spurs are well Spursey, Newcastle have a way to go and we are still developing, who honestly can take you on next season?)

If Pep stays after winning the treble (a likely slam dunk) who can realistically challenge you?

Fair point gained?

You understand why? Because the premier league brand is only attractive if it’s competitive - if you win it every year, people will switch off and no one will bother watching MOTD.
Liverpool won it every year, United won it every year but the game still grew, however if we win it every year people will switch off? I don’t buy it. The league does need to be competitive but that is up to the other clubs, periods of domination are not a bad thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.