Manchester City V Arsenal pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see this being an easy game as some people think, Sanchez is going to cause a few problems he is on fire at the moment and I don't see aguero starting after only 20 minutes at Everton. Defensively they are weak though and with ospina likely to be in the pegs im hoping we can edge it. 3-2 to city but we can't be complacent as Sanchez will be looking to pounce on any minor error

Chippy_boy said:
There's no way Aguero is going from a very rusty 20 minutes after 5 weeks out, to startIing against Arsenal. We'll see him for the last 30 minutes at best.

This^

Jovetic will probably start

Pair Mangala with Kompany. Arsenal could field a very fast attack, there is no way I would drop Managla against Arsenal. Also keep Kolarov and Dzeko away from the starting eleven.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
mancityscot said:
i hope to god we have have kompany back for this one. our defence is nothing short of abysmal at the moment without him

Third best defence in the league behing Chelsea and Southampton

Maybe so but it hasn't been great in the last 5 games! Too many errors and goals from set pieces.

HAS to be:

Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Demichelis - Clichy
Fernando - Ferna
Milner - Silva - Nasri
Aguero

Although, I'm sure MP won't bench Navas. He's started every game since Leicester away (13th December)!!

Whilst our unbeaten run continues and we appear to be in good form, two draws in our last three games is a stutter and considering we were 2-0 up against a relegation candidate at home, threw another two goal lead away in the next game but managed to win, and then went 1-0 up away at Goodison and didn't see it out... I'd say there is cause for concern.

We might have the third best defence in the league... but we want to finish first. That also ignores our recent ability to capitulate in games against teams that aren't in good form and shouldn't be scoring so easily against us. Burnley, Sunderland and Everton have caused us no end of problems.

Against Arsenal at our place it's usually a case of who scores more. And we usually do. Without Yaya though that midfield dominance we usually have may be the deciding factor. With Sanchez on fire and plenty of other creative players we'll have to defend a lot better. It's important Kompany and Aguero are back because we need them in order to kick on in the league. I think we will beat Chelsea, I'm not sure we will beat Arsenal.

Chippy_boy said:
Clean. Sheet. Please.

Remember those?

Couldn't give a fuck about a clean sheet, it's 3 points I want. Whining bitter deluded Tarquin cunts.

supercity88 said:
That also ignores our recent ability to capitulate in games against teams that aren't in good form and shouldn't be scoring so easily against us. Burnley, Sunderland and Everton have caused us no end of problems.

Two of which traditionally cause us no end of problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.