Manchester City V Arsenal pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or do we really need to do a bit more at home. Last season's home form seems a distant memory, this one is a must win though. MUST WIN.

Think we might miss Toure more in this game than Chelsea away. He gives us so much control in middle of pitch but away from home the 2 Ferns are perfect to sit in front of defence and break play up for counters. If Arsenal control middle of pitch it will be a tough game.

Whichever way I look at this, I find it hard to see us winning it. Draw at best. We could end up 7/8 points behind Chelsea again in a couple of games time. Will they let it slip again? If it wasn't for effing ACON then I'd be a lot more optimistic. But we knew that when we signed these players.

ianw16 said:
Whichever way I look at this, I find it hard to see us winning it. Draw at best. We could end up 7/8 points behind Chelsea again in a couple of games time. Will they let it slip again? If it wasn't for effing ACON then I'd be a lot more optimistic. But we knew that when we signed these players.

If we can beat Roma 2-0 away in a do or die game away from home in a difficult and hostile stadium without Yaya, Aguero, Kompany and Silva, we should beating Arsenal at home.

I think a midfield partnership of Fernando and Fernandinho suits us in this game because Arsenal cannot cope with bullies.

jamie woods said:
Arsenal have picked up a couple more injuries and have lost faith in their nutty keeper.

Ospina is a very good keeper though.

If Aguero is ready to fire and can hit some form he we will beat Arsenal.

Arsenal are not like Chelsea or Southampton and base their game against the best on their defence upwards, Arsenal play an open game and we should be able to exploit that.

ianw16 said:

Like your optimism , the alternative scenario is , the chavs drop points at a difficult swansea away game , we beat the tarquins , and stuff the chavs next week , we would be 3pts clear and mourinho,s media darlings confidence would be shot , but there again i'm a glass half full type of poster.

4-2-3-1 for me

.......................................................hart.............................................

zabba......................vinny...........................mdm..................clichy

.................................nando.........................diniho..........................

Milner..........................................silva...................................nasri

.......................................................aguero.....................................

think the arse will be very soft in the middle with cocqulien, ramsey, and carzola if we can win that battle there backline won't be able to keep us out!

Arsenal at the Emirates are very tough but not so much away, beaten by Swansea, Southampton and should have been 4-0 down against Stoke if it wasn't for the ref feeling sorry for them. They raise their game to play us but that shouldn't be enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.