Manchester City V Aston Villa pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Len Rum said:
inbetween said:
This is far from over. Last night was Liverpool's chance to go ahead into the final game and they have done. Whatever they did last night which they seem to think lost them the league, it did not change anything.. They are still 1 point ahead and we still cannot to lose tomorrow. We can draw but if we draw it is completely equal going into the last game. The only good thing to come out of last night was that it is now more or less impossible for them to catch up on goal difference, the odds are massively in our favour but it is still us who can throw it away, nothing changed last night.

If we somehow lost tomorrow though then we ourselves have blown it much greater than Liverpool did last night. This is our game in hand, our Crystal Palace and we need to respond with 3 points. We need an ultra professional performance in this game, it doesn't matter how it happens but we need to make sure we take 3 points. A point isn't bad but it invites pressure onto ourselves going into the West Ham game and if they are backs against the walls and it's 0-0 with 10 minutes to go...... If we can beat Villa then we just need a point against West Ham and that should see us over the line.
I think we need to give you guys 'it did not change anything' brigade a bit of semantic leeway.
It changed things a lot, but yes we still have to go out and do the business against Villa and West Ham, that's clear.

It doesn't really, the only thing that changes is we can now draw a game but that is no excuse. We have to press on and win it on points now. We have only drawn 1 game and lost another at home, no excuses at all. We should have everyone fit and the only reason we don't win tomorrow is complacency. I don't think it has changed anything, we still have to win at least 1 game and I think West Ham are far more dangerous than Villa, the table doesn't lie.

if anything last nights Palace comeback should serve us a warning because only underestimating Villa and West Ham will stop us now ffs losing now will be unbearable and for me personally it would definitely make summer less appealing , many times worse infact than the Wigan final debacle of last season MEMO TO ME I am a miserable git and we are going to piss it

We will have to wait another few years before another title challenge. That's how it works with us I guess. A title challenge every 3-4 years.

Ugh! I don't suppose there's any chance of either Villa or West Ham beating you guys is there? How's the spine looking? Toure is fit, but what about Aguero?

LFC-Fans said:
We will have to wait another few years before another title challenge. That's how it works with us I guess. A title challenge every 3-4 years.

Ugh! I don't suppose there's any chance of either Villa or West Ham beating you guys is there? How's the spine looking? Toure is fit, but what about Aguero?

Everyone is fit, including, delightfully, Merlin. Thanks for playing.

-------------------------------Joe----------------------------------
Zaba--------------Kompany--------Demi---------------Kolarov
---------------------Yaya-------------Fern------------------------
Nasri----------------------------------------------------------Silva
---------------------Dzeko---------Kun---------------------------

100% from the off boys.

MSP said:
01cravend said:
Winning the league on point would be awesome...Least then the Liverpool spewing media can't roll out that they matched us and all that boswollocks

I couldn't give a shit how we would win it.

Winning it on goal difference is even better for trolling but no thanks, just twat Villa and West Ham please. 3:0 both in first half and then pass the ball to death for next 45 minutes.
Don't give a monkeys how we win it as long as they are blue and white ribbons on said trophy on sunday

TINY said:
LFC-Fans said:

Everyone is fit, including, delightfully, Merlin. Thanks for playing.

Balls!

Well this will be hard to stomach, but I'll get over it eventually... I think. Thanks for playing for sure, player 2 has now left the game. :)

We'reNotReallyHere said:

100% from the off boys.

This is my team choice too, they need to play without fear and get the job done. People on here say things have not changed regarding last nights result, they have, massively, did they not see the utter dejection on the dippers players faces, a win against Villa will ram home the advantage and create more misery for the dippers in their last game. Come on City.. !!

inbetween said:
Len Rum said:
inbetween said:
This is far from over. Last night was Liverpool's chance to go ahead into the final game and they have done. Whatever they did last night which they seem to think lost them the league, it did not change anything.. They are still 1 point ahead and we still cannot to lose tomorrow. We can draw but if we draw it is completely equal going into the last game. The only good thing to come out of last night was that it is now more or less impossible for them to catch up on goal difference, the odds are massively in our favour but it is still us who can throw it away, nothing changed last night.

If we somehow lost tomorrow though then we ourselves have blown it much greater than Liverpool did last night. This is our game in hand, our Crystal Palace and we need to respond with 3 points. We need an ultra professional performance in this game, it doesn't matter how it happens but we need to make sure we take 3 points. A point isn't bad but it invites pressure onto ourselves going into the West Ham game and if they are backs against the walls and it's 0-0 with 10 minutes to go...... If we can beat Villa then we just need a point against West Ham and that should see us over the line.
I think we need to give you guys 'it did not change anything' brigade a bit of semantic leeway.
It changed things a lot, but yes we still have to go out and do the business against Villa and West Ham, that's clear.

It doesn't really, the only thing that changes is we can now draw a game but that is no excuse. We have to press on and win it on points now. We have only drawn 1 game and lost another at home, no excuses at all. We should have everyone fit and the only reason we don't win tomorrow is complacency. I don't think it has changed anything, we still have to win at least 1 game and I think West Ham are far more dangerous than Villa, the table doesn't lie.
Yesterday changed a lot. Apart from te obvious points lost, we now have all the momentum as effectively might now only need 1 pt to win it. You are presuming Liverpool will beat Newcastle which I don't think is a certainty now as Liverpool look gone. 2 or 3 nil tomorrow and then onto Sunday to win it. Massive result for us last night.

We'reNotReallyHere said:

100% from the off boys.

That's a great team. Not so sure about what happens if we get caught on the break because Fernandinho and Yaya aren't the best defensively but it will do. There isn't much to worry about from Villa other than on the break; with Garcia sitting back and Fernandinho able to support Yaya I think would be a better balance. Fernandinho was brilliant against Everton going forward and he can't do that with that team really or we'll be totally open to the counter. I'd even take playing the lone striker in this one and be a bit more pragmatic and less gung-ho in midfield, we can always change it if it isn't working. I can't see Villa keeping us out but I sometimes worry about us defensively when we play with 2 strikers and Pellegrini goes on to butcher the midfield in favor of more strikers on the pitch..

---------------------Garcia-------------Fern------------------------
------------------Yaya-------Nasri--------Silva-------------
------------------------------Kun---------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.