Manchester City V Aston Villa pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on City! Now we're safe a lot of Villa fans want you to beat us to stop Liverpool winning the league, we would never hear the end of it if they won it.

You will beat us comfortably. We are terrible and easily one of the worst teams in the league, we win once every five weeks or so and 95% of our fans want Lambert gone. 5-0 is my prediction, Aguero hat trick.

inbetween said:
Len Rum said:
inbetween said:
This is far from over. Last night was Liverpool's chance to go ahead into the final game and they have done. Whatever they did last night which they seem to think lost them the league, it did not change anything.. They are still 1 point ahead and we still cannot to lose tomorrow. We can draw but if we draw it is completely equal going into the last game. The only good thing to come out of last night was that it is now more or less impossible for them to catch up on goal difference, the odds are massively in our favour but it is still us who can throw it away, nothing changed last night.

If we somehow lost tomorrow though then we ourselves have blown it much greater than Liverpool did last night. This is our game in hand, our Crystal Palace and we need to respond with 3 points. We need an ultra professional performance in this game, it doesn't matter how it happens but we need to make sure we take 3 points. A point isn't bad but it invites pressure onto ourselves going into the West Ham game and if they are backs against the walls and it's 0-0 with 10 minutes to go...... If we can beat Villa then we just need a point against West Ham and that should see us over the line.
I think we need to give you guys 'it did not change anything' brigade a bit of semantic leeway.
It changed things a lot, but yes we still have to go out and do the business against Villa and West Ham, that's clear.

It doesn't really, the only thing that changes is we can now draw a game but that is no excuse. We have to press on and win it on points now. We have only drawn 1 game and lost another at home, no excuses at all. We should have everyone fit and the only reason we don't win tomorrow is complacency. I don't think it has changed anything, we still have to win at least 1 game and I think West Ham are far more dangerous than Villa, the table doesn't lie.

Of course last night's Liverpool result changes the whole dynamic of the title race drastically - it takes the pressure off us to win both games, and that is huge psychologically.
Clearly Pellegrini and the players won't be taking anything for granted, but to say last night changes nothing is disingenuous and wrong, because if we do beat Villa then we go into the last game knowing that a draw will be sufficient, and that is a huge advantage over needing a victory.
As to West Ham being more dangerous that Aston Villa, the bookmakers disagree with you, and so do I, as we are 1/6 to beat Villa, and 1/8 to beat the Hammers.

I think we should be ok tomorrow. It´s an evening game and the fans will be up for it. Sunday will be more nervy though - something I would have preferred not to have to go through (again!) - but hey ho we´re in the mix and that´s what matters. All games kick off at 3pm so different dynamic and of course knowing a draw will suffice can be tricky.

HolteEnder said:
Come on City! Now we're safe a lot of Villa fans want you to beat us to stop Liverpool winning the league, we would never hear the end of it if they won it.

You will beat us comfortably. We are terrible and easily one of the worst teams in the league, we win once every five weeks or so and 95% of our fans want Lambert gone. 5-0 is my prediction, Aguero hat trick.

Cheers if I had a 2nd team it would be Villa

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
inbetween said:
Len Rum said:
I think we need to give you guys 'it did not change anything' brigade a bit of semantic leeway.
It changed things a lot, but yes we still have to go out and do the business against Villa and West Ham, that's clear.

It doesn't really, the only thing that changes is we can now draw a game but that is no excuse. We have to press on and win it on points now. We have only drawn 1 game and lost another at home, no excuses at all. We should have everyone fit and the only reason we don't win tomorrow is complacency. I don't think it has changed anything, we still have to win at least 1 game and I think West Ham are far more dangerous than Villa, the table doesn't lie.

Of course last night's Liverpool result changes the whole dynamic of the title race drastically - it takes the pressure off us to win both games, and that is huge psychologically.
Clearly Pellegrini and the players won't be taking anything for granted, but to say last night changes nothing is disingenuous and wrong, because if we do beat Villa then we go into the last game knowing that a draw will be sufficient, and that is a huge advantage over needing a victory.
As to West Ham being more dangerous that Aston Villa, the bookmakers disagree with you, and so do I, as we are 1/6 to beat Villa, and 1/8 to beat the Hammers.

The bookmakers only base their odds on the betting, the table says at the minute that West Ham are above Villa. Villa also have worse form saved by their home form because their away form is absolutely shocking, they've lost 5 out of their last 6. West Ham aren't much better but it is better with 2 wins and 4 losses.

It is great for us psychologically but we still need to avoid losing and if it's 0-0 with 80 minutes gone, do we throw everyone forward or defend the 0-0? And what happens to the crowd if we aren't 5-0 up after 70 minutes? Psychologically it changes a lot for Liverpool but for us we still need to turn up and win. Bit early for that but we have to be careful and not underestimate either team. We need to win against Villa because it is our game in hand and if we don't we go completely equal with Liverpool going into the last game. I'd rather not take that kind of pressure into such a big game because as we saw against QPR but on another day it might not end up so good.

The start to my "Villa/West Ham" experience continues today as a mate has let me park my campervan outside his house in the Algarve and offered to drive me to the airport this afternoon.

Last night I went to a restaurant next to a sports bar... the Whinging Cry Babies were 0-1 up. When the main course arrived i saw on my phone it was 0-3. Then I started hearing raucous cheers... first one, then another and another...

I got depressed as I started worrying about our reducing goal difference... I dared not look...

Eventually I learned the truth.

I had not realised just how unpopular the Scousers were.

What ever happens on Wed and Sun at least I should be there to watch... heart attacks excepted!

I keep imaging scenes of victory but then get myself under control.

CTID

JJ

HolteEnder said:

I agree with everything you've said apart from this part, I think lambert will come good if you lot stick with him, enjoy the rest of the season and we'll be seeing you lot next year (and hopefully every season after that).

We still need to win both our remaining games, do not want to go through another QPR match again. However if that is what it has to be so be it. So come on boys let's go and win the game against Villa tomorrow night, any win will do but a thumping win will be better. Just can't see Sergio playing tomorrow night time to give Jovetic a start, who knows he might just be our ace in the hole.

TBooksbluearmy said:
We still need to win both our remaining games, do not want to go through another QPR match again. However if that is what it has to be so be it. So come on boys let's go and win the game against Villa tomorrow night, any win will do but a thumping win will be better. Just can't see Sergio playing tomorrow night time to give Jovetic a start, who knows he might just be our ace in the hole.
Two 1-0s will so mate, GD won't be a factor if we can get 6/6 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.