Manchester City v Celtic post match thread

I Have A Question

Why don't City ask the Premier League for an extra week off and postpone the first game, City has had most of the squad playing deep into the euros, I think it was 17 players (Major Players) involved at the euros

Ok Pre-season games don't mean much other than getting game time and fitness back, But what is missing because of the euro's sends the alarm bells ringing, We are asking about 10 first-team players coming back without a pre-season to play straight away, ITS NOT RIGHT

I Have A Question

Why don't City ask the Premier League for an extra week off and postpone the first game, City has had most of the squad playing deep into the euros, I think it was 17 players (Major Players) involved at the euros

Ok Pre-season games don't mean much other than getting game time and fitness back, But what is missing because of the euro's sends the alarm bells ringing, We are asking about 10 first-team players coming back without a pre-season to play straight away, ITS NOT RIGHT

It would be pointless mate as there is zero chance of the premier league saying yes

88 minutes it took for the commentator to stop calling ndala susoho, and he called him Hamilton instead!

All he had to do was look at his fucking shirt once for his name and number. I'm not one for throwing around race accusations, confusing 2 unfamiliar black guys with similar haircuts at a glance is a perfectly forgivable mistake to make, even doing it more than once is fine but it is hard not to think it's a race issue when he gets it wrong for the entire 45 minutes! Even when he finally realises it's not susoho in two places at once after 88 minutes, he refers to him as Hamilton, the other black kid with a similar haircut.

The other commentator did refer to an assist as a "helper" which was the first time ever hearing that and that somehow wasn't the worst thing of the night.
I,m guessing you watched it on ESPN like I did. That commentator was shocking, it's not even a race issue he called Perrone, Oscar Bobb at one point. I have a moan about our usual commentators over here at times but he was the worst I have ever listened to.

I was there last night. 80% City fans. They did surprise me how many they had though. Who the hell follows Celtic from the US? Not even sure they’re on TV much other than CL.

I was there and think you got it right. I'd say it was about 70% City, 20% Celtic, 10% other/couldn't tell.

The Celtic group behind the goal was well organized and had some good cheers. Their team gave them much to cheer about the first half.

Wish them well going forward and hopefully enough there for our team to learn from.

The 2 intruders on the field and the length it was allowed to happen was totally uncalled for. Maybe this was mentioned prior, but I did question the Secret Security presence when that happened.
City sold 25,000, Celtic 700, yet Andy Townsend still says they are bigger

City sold 25,000, Celtic 700, yet Andy Townsend still says they are bigger
Celtic historically are huge. And are also huge around the world given the historic emigration of Irish and Scots. They would have been a bigger supported club than City for 9/10ths of our history.

But currently it's changing given the growth of City within the growth of the Premier League. City are a runaway train within a runaway train. Times are changing fast and last night showed that.

Celtic historically are huge. And are also huge around the world given the historic emigration of Irish and Scots. They would have been a bigger supported club than City for 9/10ths of our history.

But currently it's changing given the growth of City within the growth of the Premier League. City are a runaway train within a runaway train. Times are changing fast and last night showed that.
A bit of a myth, we have more supporters clubs around the world than Celtic and Rangers. Most of the Irish diaspora support United or Liverpool. 40M yanks claim Irish heritage and they sell 700 tickets.I saw them play Madrid in Philadelphia years ago and it was 90% Madrid fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.