Manchester City v Celtic post match thread

Celtic and, to a lesser extent, Rangers had big fanbases in North America in the 60s, 70s and 80s but those days are over and that generation has mostly died off. The PL is the dominant force now. There is no global interest in Scottish football nowadays.
Completely agree. That's basically my point.

Seems to have been mentioned a few times on here but curious to know how much a ticket roughly cost at last time's game?

Some friends who attended the UNC College American football games over there last season stated it was pretty much packed on a regular basis. Although I'm sure student college game subsidies & a successful season for UNC where their QB Drake Maye subsequently got highly drafted in the NFL were contributing factors to capacity attendances.

Nobody’s talking about historically. But this idea Celtic are massive around the globe now is complete bollocks.

A recent social media survey collating total number of social media followers of all global football clubs - put them in 100th place.

99 other football clubs had larger number of followers on social media. Nothing to do with growth of PL - they have been surpassed by everybody around the world.
Again, I'm not arguing with you. They were and now they are not. Did you read what I wrote.

And City have benefited hugely from the explosion of the PL. And the PL has led to domestically big clubs becoming globally big clubs. Of course it has.

Seems to have been mentioned a few times on here but curious to know how much a ticket roughly cost at last time's game?
The $100 that I've seen floated around seems consistent. I'm sure it varied a bit on secondary sites.
Some friends who attended the UNC College American football games over there last season stated it was pretty much packed on a regular basis. Although I'm sure student college game subsidies & a successful season for UNC where their QB Drake Maye subsequently got highly drafted in the NFL were contributing factors to capacity attendances.
Kenan stadium is mostly fully packed when they play their main ACC rivals in NC State, but you will see a good amount of red in the stadium to help achieve that sellout. Other than that without going down a rathole few of you care about, that place does not sell out. UNC basketball inside the Smith Center, however...

Based on the positioning of the pitch mics last night you would have thought it was the other way round.

The persistent booing of our players being picked up clearly, especially of Grealish, was ridiculous.
You kind of expect the microphone in with the opposition at every game we play, thankfully the vile sectarian songbook they were singing would be lost on most of those in attendance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.