Manchester City v Celtic post match thread

I Have A Question

Why don't City ask the Premier League for an extra week off and postpone the first game, City has had most of the squad playing deep into the euros, I think it was 17 players (Major Players) involved at the euros

Ok Pre-season games don't mean much other than getting game time and fitness back, But what is missing because of the euro's sends the alarm bells ringing, We are asking about 10 first-team players coming back without a pre-season to play straight away, ITS NOT RIGHT
That’s the price of success.

City will not ask for the first game to be postponed, and even if they did, the PL would not grant it.

City are bigger than Celtic and every other club in Scotland at this moment in time and for the forseable future. If you went round the world asking general football fans which is the bigger club Celtic or Man City I think you would get a funny look as if to say is this a trick question. That's how big the gulf is now the PL has established itself as the number one league. You can't be a big club when your competing in a second rate league. Its alright having thousands of ex pats and 4 and 5 generation immigrants. Its ok having domination of all the catholic support in Scotland, but sadly that doesn't buy you the best players your still stuck in a tinpot league.
Agree but I think we need to be more precise about what meaning bigger is, without just saying "we are bigger" as it is open to interpretation and is ambiguous.

If we go back over the past 60 years, Celtic are the bigger club. Trophies galore (yes in a 2 horse race mainly, a 3 horse race when Aberdeen had their Fergie time and a one horse race when Rangers went bust) but a Euro Cup winner and a Euro Cup finalist in 3 years late 60's put them on the map.

But since the last 15 years despite still being the dominant side in the country, the club (and the league as a whole) have been going backwards both on the pitch and financially off the field, failing to make the CL qualifying rounds year after year.

And this is where City have become a bigger club. Both on and off the pitch. Matching Celtic's European Cup / Champions League record of being a winner and being runners up over a 3 year period, reaching the knockout stages for 11 years running on the pitch and going off the scales financially into a new stratosphere off the pitch.

Added to that, the rate of which City's world wide support has grown where as Celtic's will always remain as it is with Irish expats keeping the faith (literally) in all 4 corners of the world and that is why City have over taken Celtic in every aspect of the Football club

I Have A Question

Why don't City ask the Premier League for an extra week off and postpone the first game, City has had most of the squad playing deep into the euros, I think it was 17 players (Major Players) involved at the euros

Ok Pre-season games don't mean much other than getting game time and fitness back, But what is missing because of the euro's sends the alarm bells ringing, We are asking about 10 first-team players coming back without a pre-season to play straight away, ITS NOT RIGHT
You are going to ask the other 19 clubs to vote to give City an extra week off / an extra advantage in taking a rest / more time to prepare for the season than those 19 clubs.

I can see that one being.looked upon favourably.....

As I've said already, the choice of city for the game was poor in terms of expecting a decent crowd. A low density area in a low populated state.
It's a student town and all the students have fucked off home for the summer.
Had Celtic played in Boston, NY or Chicago it would have been a different scenario
I don’t agree that NC is a low population state.

There are four cities with more than 300k inhabitants, and it’s ranked 9th highest of the 50.

I do agree that the choice of venue for the game was a little strange. I’m sure they could have found a stadium in Charlotte or Raleigh for the match.

As I've said already, the choice of city for the game was poor in terms of expecting a decent crowd. A low density area in a low populated state.
It's a student town and all the students have fucked off home for the summer.
Had Celtic played in Boston, NY or Chicago it would have been a different scenario
I was at the dipper game in New York a few years back.The City support was poor compared to the dippers.Last night once again showed how much of a rise City have made support wise globally.

I was at the dipper game in New York a few years back.The City support was poor compared to the dippers.Last night once again showed how much of a rise City have made support wise globally.
I seem to remember 50% of the dipper support were waving Mo Salah dive like an Egyptian flags, absolutely no interest in the skip-rats other than landmine Larry

I don’t agree that NC is a low population state.

There are four cities with more than 300k inhabitants, and it’s ranked 9th highest of the 50.

I do agree that the choice of venue for the game was a little strange. I’m sure they could have found a stadium in Charlotte or Raleigh for the match.
It is the 9th with 10 million - I noted that the 5th to 16th place range from 12 to 8 million and NC is just under half of 4th place New York at 19 million.
I guess what I should have said (or meant) is it is more of a rural state.
Of all the east coast states touching the Atlantic coast (13) it is the 3rd largest in size behind Florida amd New York. So although NC is way bigger than Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and New Jersey (for example) they are more densely populated than NC.

Based on the positioning of the pitch mics last night you would have thought it was the other way round.

The persistent booing of our players being picked up clearly, especially of Grealish, was ridiculous.
I was there, they had a supporters club with probably 200+ of their fans in one area and they were organized. All the noise was coming from that one corner, not a mouse fart from anywhere else in the stadium when Celtic scored. Unfortunately Americans think the clapping "let's go city" chant is a real thing, so that's all you'd ever hear from our fans.

Also, they kicked everyone out of the stadium grounds for the lightning delay. Lots of people just left altogether, it was a total clusterf*ck. Took about 30 minutes just to get back in.

I was there, they had a supporters club with probably 200+ of their fans in one area and they were organized. All the noise was coming from that one corner, not a mouse fart from anywhere else in the stadium when Celtic scored. Unfortunately Americans think the clapping "let's go city" chant is a real thing, so that's all you'd ever hear from our fans.

Also, they kicked everyone out of the stadium grounds for the lightning delay. Lots of people just left altogether, it was a total clusterf*ck. Took about 30 minutes just to get back in.
How long before kick off did that happen? Didn't know about that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.