Manchester City V Southampton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
blue_sonic176 said:
Marvin said:
gmckennasell said:
the majority of this squad , proved their mettle when we had to win the final 6 games of the 2011-12 season , they know what has to be done , to win the premiership , (the bindippers players do not) , Southampton have nothing to play for , they wont get in europe and they cant be relegated , we on the other hand need a win , saints are renowned for tiring in the 2nd half , they cant keep their pressing game going for 90 minutes , two late goals will win it . put Sergio on the bench , give him 20 minutes before the mickey mousers cup final next week.
Saints are a very good team, and should enjoy the challenge of this game. The good thing about it is that I think they will come here and have a go. It should be a good open game, and in an open game we really should beat anyone. We gave Barcelona a game with 10 men, and this should give the players and crowd belief.

I love this part of he season. It's what is has all built up to.

I agree that the Saints will try to go at us. With their shit defence, Silva will easily be able to get right in between their midfield and back 4 and setup Edin or hopefully Kun. The key is to not be wasteful! An early goal and we'll completely dominate.
We created very little against Fulham until they went down to 10 men. I don't like the 1 up front at home. I think we are only playing this because Aguero is out. It enables us to dominate possession, but much reduces the goal scoring potential. If we're playing one up front, then Nasri, Silva or Yaya is ging to have to join up with the forward to a much better extent than they did in the 1st half v Fulham

Southampton are a good team.

However, I do feel this is a very good time to play them.

We're at home, have an almost full squad, a week's preparation and rest and a title to fight like fuck for.

Southampton on the other hand have absolutely fuck all to play for.

First goal (preferably early) is fucking vital. We don't want to dealing with wobbling and ideally dont want to be chasing against such a good counter attacking side.

This one needs leaders, warriors and killers.

Why is there so much negativity in this thread?

We are more than capable of beating them, sure it won't be a walkover very few games are, what has got into to some of you at the moment

Think Jovetic should start alongside Dzeko in this one, hopefully he can pull off one of these in the game, without injuring himself that is.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulLS92xFuHg[/youtube]

blueincy said:
Think Jovetic should start alongside Dzeko in this one, hopefully he can pull off one of these in the game, without injuring himself that is.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulLS92xFuHg[/youtube]
He'll be marked a bit tighter than that in a match. :)

personally id play with a 3 man midfield.

Both Jay Rodriguez and Adam Lallana are tricky players and we gotta keep it tight in midfield.

Watch out for the fullbacks.

Hart

Zab Kompany MDM Kolarov

Yaya Garcia Fernandhino

Silva
Dzeko Negrado

aguero93:20 said:
blueincy said:

He would of got about 14 attempts at that playing against that Spurs team on Sunday:)

blueincy said:
aguero93:20 said:
blueincy said:

He would of got about 14 attempts at that playing against that Spurs team on Sunday:)
Could have had the GOTS shortlist to himself with some game-time against that shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.