Manchester City V Southampton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its now time to go full throt'll pedel to the metal kick arse foot on the throat. Time to be ruthless ,clinical infront of goal each game brings its each problems we'll have to fight hard no mersy lets go win this league

Plain Speaking said:
Southampton work really hard on their fitness to sustain a pressing game for the 90+ minutes. I hope we can match their fitness, we seemed to run out of energy in the second half against Arsenal.

That is true but it was our 3rd game in 8 days with very little rotation of players (there were 4 changes from Fulham to united but we were unchanged against Arsenal).

We should be at full intensity for Southampton with a week's rest.

pavelsrnicek said:
Plain Speaking said:
Southampton work really hard on their fitness to sustain a pressing game for the 90+ minutes. I hope we can match their fitness, we seemed to run out of energy in the second half against Arsenal.

That is true but it was our 3rd game in 8 days with very little rotation of players (there were 4 changes from Fulham to united but we were unchanged against Arsenal).

We should be at full intensity for Southampton with a week's rest.

Yeah with a week's rest before the Saints and 8 days rest before the Dippers, we should get maximum intensity and focus from the squad - no excuses. Hopefully Kun can get over this injury and get some time against the Saints and score a couple!

If we can win this early kick off it puts some pressure on Liverpool (away at West Ham on Sunday - come on Andy Carroll you know you want to score against them and win this one) and Chelsea at home to Stoke, and even more on Arsenal away at Everton on the Sunday.

If Aguero is only fit for the bench he needs at some point to at least come on so he can start v Liverpool, and if so we should start with one up front again either Negredo or Dzeko and have 5 in midfield to pressure Southampton (maybe a good game for Milner to start in instead of Nasri or Navas to stop their full backs getting forward)

Might be a good opportunity to see Luke Shaw in action (albeit in a City win still) (would he be worth bidding for in the summer at the quoted £ 30 million ?)

City1974 said:
If we can win this early kick off it puts some pressure on Liverpool (away at West Ham on Sunday - come on Andy Carroll you know you want to score against them and win this one) and Chelsea at home to Stoke, and even more on Arsenal away at Everton on the Sunday.

If Aguero is only fit for the bench he needs at some point to at least come on so he can start v Liverpool, and if so we should start with one up front again either Negredo or Dzeko and have 5 in midfield to pressure Southampton (maybe a good game for Milner to start in instead of Nasri or Navas to stop their full backs getting forward)

Might be a good opportunity to see Luke Shaw in action (albeit in a City win still) (would he be worth bidding for in the summer at the quoted £ 30 million ?)

We should whip Southampton and show Shaw what he could be a part off next season :)

pml79 said:
Its now time to go full throt'll pedel to the metal kick arse foot on the throat. Time to be ruthless ,clinical infront of goal each game brings its each problems we'll have to fight hard no mersy lets go win this league

How about YOU give the pre - match speech? Should get them motivated.

This club has a very good squad and anyone who thinks we are going to batter these had better think again, I expect us to win because of our quality but if we defend poorly Southampton have the players to really hurt us. I'm going for City 2 Southampton 1.

Evening Lads - Saints fan here.

Interesting comments on Saints :) :)

We will give you a game, I'm sure about that, but I think you will win..... and quite frankly you should.

We are a couple of players from a very good side and a lot will depend on how much time Lambert gets on the ball ( I am assuming you will snub Lallana out with man marking)

The worst thing you can do is start nervously........ The one thing about this squad, is if they sense that at all, they will go for it....relentlessly.

Sotonian said:
Evening Lads - Saints fan here.

Interesting comments on Saints :) :)

We will give you a game, I'm sure about that, but I think you will win..... and quite frankly you should.

We are a couple of players from a very good side and a lot will depend on how much time Lambert gets on the ball ( I am assuming you will snub Lallana out with man marking)

The worst thing you can do is start nervously........ The one thing about this squad, is if they sense that at all, they will go for it....relentlessly.

I don't think we will.

We respect you, greatly, but we don't fear you.

See you on Saturday, and enjoy the early start. Make sure you use the toll road on the M6, it will save you about an hour ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.