Manchester City V Southampton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TGR said:
Let's be honest here; if we don't beat Southampton at home then we don't deserve to win the title.
This should be a regulation, straight forward 3 points.

2-0 City.

If Spurs can beat them 3-2 twice then I am in no doubt we will smash them...I'm not saying it will be a breeze but if we play a Hull game against them, I see no problem..

must win game as are the remaining others, need to set the standard now starting against Southampton and taking the initiative and confidence into what will most probably be the biggest game of the season at Anfield

3-0 win for us

Good practice for Liverpool. Both will press us like crazy things.
I think Garca should play in both games with YaYa higher up the pitch.

For some reason I'm unusually nervous about this one.

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Demechilles
Kolorov

Garcia
Fernandinhio

Nasri
Toure
Silva

Dzeko

Richard said:
For some reason I'm unusually nervous about this one.

I'm not.

Southampton are going to play football and have a go. And fair play to them for doing it - they will have periods of possession and they will be a threat. But we are better than them, and over 90 minutes that quality will count. I also think they will come up short after 60-70 minutes.

I expect a game much like the Everton game early in the season. tight for an hour or so, we stretch clear in the last quarter.

3-1 city.

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster.

So I've got something to put to you guys, because I love some of the work in here, is anyone interested in writing about MCFC?
City Football Family is opening up an online presence. We'd like to have a few quality contributors from Manchester, NY and Melbourne. The only thing I ask is that they are not distasteful and any claims are backed up with credible reasoning.

If you are interested, feel free to PM me!

For what it's worth I'm nervous about this one too. It's hard not to be when even Arsenal decide to play their best football against us. If we can get the 3 points here though, I'm confident we'll go on to beat Liverpool and take the title.

Re: Manchester City V Southampton match thread.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Kun Aguero said:
Had a look and can't find one. Hopefully the game won't be called off unlike my last pre matvg thread. Will Aguero be back? Think it'll be closer than sone think.

Yup, one of our toughest games of the season. Our 3 Premiership meetings to date have seen us win 1, draw 1 and lose 1, and they were the better side for long periods in all 3 games. Quick, skilful and mobile, and masterful exponents of our biggest Achilles heel, the high press. I would happily take a victory of any description, and we will need to be at it from first to last

Yes Southampton could be our toughest game of the lot, John. We have to compete and out-press them and hopefully Spanish Dave, Yaya and co can work their magic.

Southampton work really hard on their fitness to sustain a pressing game for the 90+ minutes. I hope we can match their fitness, we seemed to run out of energy in the second half against Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.