Manchester City V Southampton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really says a lot about the quality of the premier league when I can't see one game that I can say oh we should win that...it's ridiculous every single team is a serious threat and the chelsea loss to palace just proves that..this league is absolutely ridiculous and not one for the weak hearted ..we can lose any remaining match if we don't want it more then the opponent ..there is no letting off the gas and I will be shitting my pants until we hopefully lift the trophy at the etihad..

eddiemarin09 said:
It really says a lot about the quality of the premier league when I can't see one game that I can say oh we should win that...it's ridiculous every single team is a serious threat and the chelsea loss to palace just proves that..this league is absolutely ridiculous and not one for the weak hearted ..we can lose any remaining match if we don't want it more then the opponent ..there is no letting off the gas and I will be shitting my pants until we hopefully lift the trophy at the etihad..
Apart from Spurs if you can't score they score for you Why Vertoghen keeps getting mentioned as a transfer target for us I'll never know.

Will we get to see Jovetic this game?

He has been on the bench last two games so surely he must be due some game time and he must be fit enough if he is getting on the bench

Id let him replace nasri who is looked a little jaded vs arsenal after a very good season from him

Id also start negrado as he needs game time to try and get his full fitness back and dzeko was pretty poor vs arsenal as well

------------------------------Hart------------------

-----------zabba--Komps---Lescott------Clichy

----------------------ferd--------yaya

--------Milner/navas---------silva--------Jovetic

---------------------------Negrado

Cheers Chris from London

I'm not making it this year .....last year was one of my favourite away games ever (And have been doing this for far too long) took my 16 year daughter up ...my son made his own way and we met on the steps celebrating Lamberts equalizer ..... but really good crack with the City fans prior to the match.

Good luck for the league

My mates a Saints fan and have been with him a few times to watch them (Even at City in the away end) & him us so i have a soft spot for them as they're a good bunch.
Will be a tough one as like others have said they like the high intensity press but with a weeks rest i'm sure the lads will be up for it. Not gonna predict anything but i think it'll be close.

Disappointing to read Aguero seems unprepared to risk anything for City and looks mainly concerned about being fit for Argentina in the World Cup. If fit he should play for City, not hedge his bets thinking maybe if I leave if for a week or 2 it will be better for the national team. We need him now if fit, or maybe we should ask Kompany, Zabaleta, Silva and Joe Hart etc to rest so they do not injure themselves for the World Cup. Isn't Silva playing despite a slight ankle injury ?

This is probably why often supporters when naming\thinking of the clubs great players\favourite players of all time put true greats such as Colin Bell, Mike Doyle, Alan Oakes, Franny Lee, Mike Summerbee, Neil Young, Frank Swift, Bert Trautmann, Roy Paul , Sam Cowan, Roy Clarke, and the fighters like Paul Dickov, Andy Morrison, Shaun Goater etc ahead of some of the more recent and probably technically more gifted players. This is why Carlos Tevez will never really be considered a true blue hero after his antics and disrespect for the club.

We want players who will give everything for the team irrespective and not just when it suits.

eddiemarin09 said:
Spurs, Hammers, Fulham, West Brom... oh and the Rags.

City1974 said:
Disappointing to read Aguero seems unprepared to risk anything for City and looks mainly concerned about being fit for Argentina in the World Cup. If fit he should play for City, not hedge his bets thinking maybe if I leave if for a week or 2 it will be better for the national team. We need him now if fit, or maybe we should ask Kompany, Zabaleta, Silva and Joe Hart etc to rest so they do not injure themselves for the World Cup. Isn't Silva playing despite a slight ankle injury ?

This is probably why often supporters when naming\thinking of the clubs great players\favourite players of all time put true greats such as Colin Bell, Mike Doyle, Alan Oakes, Franny Lee, Mike Summerbee, Neil Young, Frank Swift, Bert Trautmann, Roy Paul , Sam Cowan, Roy Clarke, and the fighters like Paul Dickov, Andy Morrison, Shaun Goater etc ahead of some of the more recent and probably technically more gifted players. This is why Carlos Tevez will never really be considered a true blue hero after his antics and disrespect for the club.

We want players who will give everything for the team irrespective and not just when it suits.

Don't start that rubbish.

supercity88 said:
City1974 said:

Don't start that rubbish.
I would suggest not feeding tbh.

City1974 said:

how many different threads have you put the same bollocks post in? Winker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.