Manchester City V Southampton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inter Me Nan said:
My mates a Saints fan and have been with him a few times to watch them (Even at City in the away end) & him us so i have a soft spot for them as they're a good bunch.
Will be a tough one as like others have said they like the high intensity press but with a weeks rest i'm sure the lads will be up for it. Not gonna predict anything but i think it'll be close.

Far from having a soft spot for Southampton and their fans ever since the last game played at Maine Road. They didn't want us to have more tickets despite not able to sell theirs. Yet they choose to sell them privately to City-fans who were desperate to try and get in the ground paying stupid money to these wonkers.<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:09 am --<br /><br />Southampton are imo the team that so far has surprised most in a positive way. They have a very good squad, play positive football and a decent manager. Surely they won't park the buss. We will have to be very sharp if we want the maximum points out of this one, but I gather we will be too much for them in our place. Hopefully Aguero is fit enough to gain some minutes, but he needs to be fully fit and not rushed back like the last time (he turned out to be pretty useless tiil the moment he was injured again). Kolarov for Clichy, and Negredo for Dzeko to be the only two changes.

Another huge game for us... Every game from now til the last game will be like a final. We cant afford drop any more points.

------------------------Hart -------------------------------

Zab------Kompany--Demi---- Kolarov------

--------------Yaya ---- Ferna-----------

Navas-----------Silva------------Jovetic

-----------------Dzeko-----------------------

Im tipping 2 - 0

Dzeko & Jovetic to score :)

City1974 said:
Disappointing to read Aguero seems unprepared to risk anything for City and looks mainly concerned about being fit for Argentina in the World Cup. If fit he should play for City, not hedge his bets thinking maybe if I leave if for a week or 2 it will be better for the national team. We need him now if fit, or maybe we should ask Kompany, Zabaleta, Silva and Joe Hart etc to rest so they do not injure themselves for the World Cup. Isn't Silva playing despite a slight ankle injury ?

This is probably why often supporters when naming\thinking of the clubs great players\favourite players of all time put true greats such as Colin Bell, Mike Doyle, Alan Oakes, Franny Lee, Mike Summerbee, Neil Young, Frank Swift, Bert Trautmann, Roy Paul , Sam Cowan, Roy Clarke, and the fighters like Paul Dickov, Andy Morrison, Shaun Goater etc ahead of some of the more recent and probably technically more gifted players. This is why Carlos Tevez will never really be considered a true blue hero after his antics and disrespect for the club.

We want players who will give everything for the team irrespective and not just when it suits.
I have to take issue with this. When did Bert Trautmann ever play when he was carrying an injury ffs?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
City1974 said:
Disappointing to read Aguero seems unprepared to risk anything for City and looks mainly concerned about being fit for Argentina in the World Cup. If fit he should play for City, not hedge his bets thinking maybe if I leave if for a week or 2 it will be better for the national team. We need him now if fit, or maybe we should ask Kompany, Zabaleta, Silva and Joe Hart etc to rest so they do not injure themselves for the World Cup. Isn't Silva playing despite a slight ankle injury ?

This is probably why often supporters when naming\thinking of the clubs great players\favourite players of all time put true greats such as Colin Bell, Mike Doyle, Alan Oakes, Franny Lee, Mike Summerbee, Neil Young, Frank Swift, Bert Trautmann, Roy Paul , Sam Cowan, Roy Clarke, and the fighters like Paul Dickov, Andy Morrison, Shaun Goater etc ahead of some of the more recent and probably technically more gifted players. This is why Carlos Tevez will never really be considered a true blue hero after his antics and disrespect for the club.

We want players who will give everything for the team irrespective and not just when it suits.
I have to take issue with this. When did Bert Trautmann ever play when he was carrying an injury ffs?

Must be referring to that time he "strained his neck" the softy!!!

City1974 said:

Give it a rest m8, it's april second already ;)

Champions2012! said:
City1974 said:

Give it a rest m8, it's april second already ;)

Before we sign anymore players we need to ask them this vital question... Would you risk it for a biscuit?

eversince 76 said:
Inter Me Nan said:
My mates a Saints fan and have been with him a few times to watch them (Even at City in the away end) & him us so i have a soft spot for them as they're a good bunch.
Will be a tough one as like others have said they like the high intensity press but with a weeks rest i'm sure the lads will be up for it. Not gonna predict anything but i think it'll be close.

Far from having a soft spot for Southampton and their fans ever since the last game played at Maine Road. They didn't want us to have more tickets despite not able to sell theirs. Yet they choose to sell them privately to City-fans who were desperate to try and get in the ground paying stupid money to these wonkers.
Yeah, City or it's fans have never shit on other clubs or their fans have they ;)

SrilankanBlue said:
@SunMartinB 4m
Aguero quotes around yesterday from a pre recorded interview he did last week. He's made good progress in the meantime. #mcfc

if that is the case i see him making the bench against saints and be a starter vs liverpool..good news!!!

Didn't Dunne play through tonsillitis once? I had it a few years ago and it floored me for about 10 days ,up there with Bert for me in the bravery stakes for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.