Manchester City V Southampton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lafitz2008 said:
Didn't Dunne play through tonsillitis once? I had it a few years ago and it floored me for about 10 days ,up there with Bert for me in the bravery stakes for that.
Hamstring Tear >>>>>>>>>>>>> Tonsillitis when it comes to running around on a football pitch mate, besides, we probably didn't have 3 fit international centre halves to cover him when he did.

lafitz2008 said:
Didn't Dunne play through tonsillitis once? I had it a few years ago and it floored me for about 10 days ,up there with Bert for me in the bravery stakes for that.

No, you're confusing him with Trautman, who played the 56 cup final with tonsillitis. An urban myth about him has grown up from the simple fact that the night before the final he complained about his sore throat once too often and Don revie said to him 'you're a pain in the fucking neck, give it a break'.

Dunne played the whole of the 50th anniversary Derby with a paper cut on his left index finger. That'll be what you're thinking of.

Big weekend coming up, we mustn't underestimate them and I don't think we will - I'm going 2-1 win. I fancy west ham for something too on Sunday.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
BringBackSwales said:
tbh I think it will suit us that Southampton will come and play football - main thing, apart from winning, is no booking for Vinny and Zaba
I think if Vinny gets a yellow he is still eligable for Liverppol mate.
a player earning their fifth caution of the season on or after 1st January would not earn any ban. However, if they received ten cautions by the second Sunday in April, a ban would apply. Players who receive 20 or more cautions in a season shall be required to attend a Regulatory Commission.
Read more at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions#vYFWIC71DXgK84XZ.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gov ... XgK84XZ.99</a>

as of today zab has 8 yellow in prem and vinni has 4, so there are no chance of them being banned for liverpool game unless god forbid they drew a red

on the other hand steve G is one yellow away from ban

you can check it on

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions#vYFWIC71DXgK84XZ.99

Also worth noting for anyone who thinks Southampton don't have anything left to play for that they have a group of players who are desperate to make it to the world cup. In particular their English bunch of Lallana, Lambert and Rodriguez.

ayrshire_blue said:
Also worth noting for anyone who thinks Southampton don't have anything left to play for that they have a group of players who are desperate to make it to the world cup. In particular their English bunch of Lallana, Lambert and Rodriguez.

Couldn't agree more. If we take this match lightly we will get punished.
Got to be 100% high tempo!!!

Champions2012! said:
City1974 said:
Disappointing to read Aguero seems unprepared to risk anything for City and looks mainly concerned about being fit for Argentina in the World Cup. If fit he should play for City, not hedge his bets thinking maybe if I leave if for a week or 2 it will be better for the national team. We need him now if fit, or maybe we should ask Kompany, Zabaleta, Silva and Joe Hart etc to rest so they do not injure themselves for the World Cup. Isn't Silva playing despite a slight ankle injury ?

This is probably why often supporters when naming\thinking of the clubs great players\favourite players of all time put true greats such as Colin Bell, Mike Doyle, Alan Oakes, Franny Lee, Mike Summerbee, Neil Young, Frank Swift, Bert Trautmann, Roy Paul , Sam Cowan, Roy Clarke, and the fighters like Paul Dickov, Andy Morrison, Shaun Goater etc ahead of some of the more recent and probably technically more gifted players. This is why Carlos Tevez will never really be considered a true blue hero after his antics and disrespect for the club.

We want players who will give everything for the team irrespective and not just when it suits.

Give it a rest m8, it's april second already ;)

Follow up in the Aguero injury thread. Apologies for original comment being in the wrong thread.

Far from having a soft spot for Southampton and their fans ever since the last game played at Maine Road. They didn't want us to have more tickets despite not able to sell theirs. Yet they choose to sell them privately to City-fans who were desperate to try and get in the ground paying stupid money to these wonkers.

LOL - Hold your horses fella, you boys wanted 60 quid a ticket (or 58 plus a booking fee) . It was on a Sunday afternoon and live on Sky. The trains were over a 100 quid and got back at stupid o clock. The bright sparks at Saints just assumed that as it was our first game back in the Prem, we would sell out regardless, so took the whole allocation and caught a cold (The club (SFC) has to pay any shortfall in these circumstances. As for the club selling the wasted tickets to Man City fans, I'm pretty sure that would be illegal, but guessing a compromise would be allowing MCFC to sell them in areas that are segregated.

I think you are having a pop at Saints for the wrong reasons...... If you had said you didn't like us because of the way we boo'ed Aguero when he came of injured in that match then I would have completely understood (Have no idea what that was about by the way, completely unlike Saints fans and was left wondering what I missed - Still haven't ever figured it out) but I think the problem regarding tickets was your club being greedy.

Sotonian said:
Far from having a soft spot for Southampton and their fans ever since the last game played at Maine Road. They didn't want us to have more tickets despite not able to sell theirs. Yet they choose to sell them privately to City-fans who were desperate to try and get in the ground paying stupid money to these wonkers.

LOL - Hold your horses fella, you boys wanted 60 quid a ticket (or 58 plus a booking fee) . It was on a Sunday afternoon and live on Sky. The trains were over a 100 quid and got back at stupid o clock. The bright sparks at Saints just assumed that as it was our first game back in the Prem, we would sell out regardless, so took the whole allocation and caught a cold (The club (SFC) has to pay any shortfall in these circumstances. As for the club selling the wasted tickets to Man City fans, I'm pretty sure that would be illegal, but guessing a compromise would be allowing MCFC to sell them in areas that are segregated.

I think you are having a pop at Saints for the wrong reasons...... If you had said you didn't like us because of the way we boo'ed Aguero when he came of injured in that match then I would have completely understood (Have no idea what that was about by the way, completely unlike Saints fans and was left wondering what I missed - Still haven't ever figured it out) but I think the problem regarding tickets was your club being greedy.

60 quid a ticket for saints fans in the last game at Maine Road??!! Was it fuck you demented so and so. Your club wanted more tickets than your fans could sell, so that your fans could sell them on at a mega profit to our fans, the previous poster was bang on. And I repeat tickets were not 60 quid face value in those days

My apologies - I wizzed passed the Maine road bit without thinking, I was of course talking about last seasons game.

By the way how did that last game at Maine road go ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.