Manchester City V Spurs. FA Cup Quarter Final. Riot on pitch

Freestyler said:
I started going Maine Road in 1994, obviously before my time this, don't remember it at all,

What year was it?
fuckin kids ,learn your history lol

my dad went to it, told me he was really excited and pumped for it before the game. also a girl who went to my school, her dad was apparently one of the first ones on the pitch.

leewill31 said:
me and 2 mates and one of the lads dad went to this game,what a mad day!

we were in the new umbro stand and then it all kicked off seeing the kippax jump the fences and then realising that most had gone from the umbro stand as well!

we all just looked at each other and went what the hell is going on very surreal day i can tell you!

the bests parts were seeing torsveldt the spurs keeper palming away some daft shit of a city fan trying to have a go at him and then seeing most of the kippax run like the clappers when the riot horse's came from the side of the pitch.

after all the pantomime terry goes on a 50-60 yard run and score just seeing the spurs players standing there letting the goal in was weird.
I think your memory of this particular game could do with being refreshed a little!!

YAWN.....................was there, knew loads on the pitch that ended up with their pictures in the paper from Lwr Broughton, hardly a riot about 150 on the pitch.

Everyone on the pitch will now be mid to late 40's and like me look back and think wasn't I a knobhead when I was 20. Fun at the time I suppose but not something we should go on about. Before we know it the young uns of today will think its a good idea to behave like knobheads at the game.

I remember before the game really believing it was our year, here we all are still believing, maybe we are all still knobheads afterall.

Remember watching the game telly at home,was only 9 I think. Gutted. When it kicked off I knew my old man would be involved. Pretty embarassing when his face was splattered across the papers and the programme. Got grassed up and got a ban. Turned up to the next home game in hat and sunglasses. Still got the programme at home. Hate Spurs.

mat said:
The match that began my dislike of spuds.
Your dislike of Spurs began because of a shit load of knuckle dragging retarded cunts in City shirts?

Or was it just because you got completely outplayed on your own pitch in a match you'd expected to win?

that game is one of my earliest memorys of a city match, my uncle sponserd that game, and i meet loads of famous people, the best one i met was the man who made and did the voices for the bradshaws!! think i still got the program with autographs on in the loft!

We were Alan Hansens tip for the cup that year BBC had a box studio in the Kippax/Umbro Stand corner remember us singing theres only one Alan Hansen as he sat down to start the programme....Remember seeing later on TV them trying to justify all seater stadia after what happened funny really first load came from the Umbro Stand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.